Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 341851 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #510 on: February 22, 2011, 06:42:47 am »
I would love nothing more than to see her have success. I don't even care if she puts out a "sell out" song (as long as the album isn't the same). She deserves success & recognition and I say it's about time she gets it. Every album she releases gets excellent reviews. She just needs better promotion and management.

I'm now used to the fact that she'll never have mainstream success again (unless she changes her sound), but I still think she should be recognised in the industry (Grammy awards, etc).

She just needs to perform on one high profile show and her profile will shoot up and the rest is up to her.

oh me too.

i want this album to blow up. a wistful, earnest little album that takes the world by storm. or i want this to be everyone's secret favorite album. an underground darling. or something.

I do have a feeling this is a big one!  (even though I'd love to keep her to myself...the world's best kept secret).  But she deserves more than that, and a grammy is just one of those things she deserves more than others out there!  I think this will be a great accomplishment in a lot of ways, since she did do it all herself.  It will also be great to have pure Vanessa--no dilution from others.  I had a dream about the CD last night, that it came to me in the mail and it was black white and purple art (purple is my fav color so I'm sure that's why I dreamed about it!)  Any day now! (I hope).
~Sara~

mixedanthony

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #511 on: February 22, 2011, 11:53:40 am »
It sounds so peaceful, dreamy and tranquil....just like she wanted. I cannot wait to hear this album! Its going to be amazing.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 23, 2011, 07:46:15 pm »
Has Vanessa ever confirmed that this album is coming out in the spring? I feel like I missed out on that conversation. Because if she hasn't told us specifically it's coming out in the spring I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in June.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #513 on: February 23, 2011, 08:44:07 pm »
Has Vanessa ever confirmed that this album is coming out in the spring? I feel like I missed out on that conversation. Because if she hasn't told us specifically it's coming out in the spring I wouldn't be surprised if it came out in June.

She said a few times at her shows and on Twitter.

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 23, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »
I have a question. Why would Vanessa finance the album if she has a label? I'm not sure how the independent label works. Is that what the artists do?

I know more about major labels.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 23, 2011, 11:44:06 pm »
I have a question. Why would Vanessa finance the album if she has a label? I'm not sure how the independent label works. Is that what the artists do?

I'm not quite sure but I figure she left her label then made that album on her own, paying for it. And when it was done looked for someone to distribute it. This way they don't have any musical direction or suggestion to give her, she's free. And she can just come with the final product and say : that's it, do you want it or not?

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #516 on: February 24, 2011, 12:37:06 am »

I'm not quite sure but I figure she left her label then made that album on her own, paying for it. And when it was done looked for someone to distribute it. This way they don't have any musical direction or suggestion to give her, she's free. And she can just come with the final product and say : that's it, do you want it or not?
I'm pretty sure that's what she did

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 24, 2011, 02:46:13 am »

That's exactly what she did.

My friend did that - left her label, went and made her album and THEN went and looked for a deal. That way they have full creative control. I'm pretty sure if a label said "well, we like this Vanessa but could you do something else?" Vanessa would swipe the CD outta the label execs hand and say "sayonara, biatch" & strut on out. If she had signed the contract beforehand, she'd have no choice but to go back and record new stuff.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 24, 2011, 10:35:22 am »
Vanessa's new video made the news on a popular British entertainment news website. I was pretty shocked to say the least!

Vanessa Carlton is to release her fourth album Rabbits on the Run independently, with a date stated as "coming soon".

The 'A Thousand Miles' singer has been working on her new album over the last few years since splitting with former labels The Inc/Universal Motown.

"To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to do another record," she said in a video clip posted on The Prophet Blog.

"I had to re-investigate my entire process. I basically had to change my approach to how I make music.

"Once I wrote the first song for the record I realised that this was the type of record I would have to do completely on my own. I left my label and it became a completely self-financed, independent project."

Carlton's last LP Heroes & Thieves peaked at number 44 on the US Billboard 200.

Nothing we didn't know already, obviously, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Rekky

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #519 on: February 25, 2011, 05:25:27 am »
I was watching once again the video and when it finished I looked the length: 4:26... Is a bit crazy but I'm going to say that the album will be released on April 26th

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #520 on: February 25, 2011, 05:39:48 am »
I was watching once again the video and when it finished I looked the length: 4:26... Is a bit crazy but I'm going to say that the album will be released on April 26th

oooOOOOoooo niiiice.
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 25, 2011, 08:29:01 am »

oooOOOOoooo niiiice.

Hmm.... Magical thinking?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 25, 2011, 10:02:20 am »
Hey..maybe!  It's near Easter, and it's a Tuesday, which is when most albums are released!

Epit

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Is ROTR going Universal?
« Reply #523 on: February 25, 2011, 12:12:49 pm »
I wonder if ROTR will ever be distributed around the world since she's gone indie. I know there's pay pall and whatnot but this is going to make her fans outside US suffer a bit to get her physical CD. Just a thought. I really want to own ROTR like I do all her previous 3.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Is ROTR going Universal?
« Reply #524 on: February 25, 2011, 01:30:30 pm »
I wonder if ROTR will ever be distributed around the world since she's gone indie. I know there's pay pall and whatnot but this is going to make her fans outside US suffer a bit to get her physical CD. Just a thought. I really want to own ROTR like I do all her previous 3.

i bought H&T physically on a big media store, but i had to ask for them to order it specially for me and wait like 10 days so....idk. Whatever, we have the internets to buy them too, i know its not the same tho : )
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the