Author Topic: Vanessa announces she is a proud bisexual  (Read 24822 times)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: Vanessa announces she is a proud bisexual
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 05:51:03 pm »
Wow. I didn't see that coming.

I know!!!!! But I'm so happy for her!!! She is now a the top of my LGBT idols list. Maybe we can get a video with a female love interest for the next album. :D

Where do I sign up for that?? LOL

All jokes aside, I'm happy for Vanessa and I think it's a great thing that she decided to reveal this. Good for her!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 06:14:39 pm »
Just because she revealed it now doesn't mean it's new for her. Chances are she's had these feelings for years.

We all know V's a private woman and only talks about her personal life when necessary (I.E when it's to do with her music). Her talking about this at an event for gays, bisexuals, etc isn't surprising.

katiekat

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 07:43:27 pm »
She's not a big celebrity but she is a celebrity and a public figure, and her coming out is relevant because LGBT visibility is very important to end homophobia.

I also think it's important for bisexual women, because lately many pop singers (Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Ke$ha) have played the bi card (or the "I'd screw anything that moves" card) just to get attention and get people talking about them; female bisexuality isn't taken seriously anymore. So, when someone like Vanessa (who doesn't use sex or controversy to help her career) comes out, it really is a big deal.

I couldn't agree more with this comment :) I'm so proud of Vanessa shes my hero :)

shinessobright

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - shinessobright
    • AOL Instant Messenger - privateradiogirl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - canyouseemyfirerain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 08:31:50 am »
man what a nice surprise when i decided to check the forum today. i think this makes my few vanessa carlton meetings make more sense. The first time I actually met Vanessa was in 2007, on July 24 in LA. I was so excited because I was meeting up with my friend jess at the concert and she told me that vanessa might sign autographs at the end of the show.  I was standing right next to the stage, pretty much at V's feet. jess pointed out to me that vanessa's parents were standing pretty close to us (which I thought was so cool). Then Stevie Nicks came out as a surprise and sang the One with Vanessa. I practically died at that moment. but it gets better. During the concert, vanessa kept sneaking looks at me i swear. We made eye contact a few times, and I could feel my heart melting. At the end of the concert, I waited around for what like seemed forever. I waited in line over by the corner of the stage with a bunch of other fans (like 15 pple or so), to hopefully at least get a glimpse of vanessa. She came out finally and signed autographs. i came prepared. I had a sharpie and my ticket stub and a random scrap of paper ( i think it was a flyer for the club the show was in). When it was my turn, I was so excited. I didnt know what to say to her. I asked her for a hug first. She gave me one, and I melted into her arms. I hugged her for what seemed like a little too long for being strangers, but she didnt mind, she let me let go first. Then I blurted out, "Could you sign my shoe?"  I was wearing my new favorite shoes that I got for an early bday present. They are turquoise and white checkered slip on vans.  I took my shoe off and handed it to her. She just laughed and said, "no one has ever asked me to sign their shoe before." She scribbled her signature on the shoe, and gave it back. I put it back on and said thank you. I asked her for two more autographs and she did them for me. I asked her for another hug and she said "sure". We hugged for a longer time than the first one, and when I finally let go, she said something that will be forever etched into my memory; "Next thing you'll be asking is to make out with me." Her bouncer/ security dude, that also took my picture with Vanessa for me just laughed. Before I got my picture taken, I had to run all the way back to my car across the street. I told her, "Could you wait around for like 5 more minutes, because I really want a picture and my camera is in the car." She said sure, and laughed again. I ran so fast, and got my camera. She took the picture with me, and she gave me a half hug (she had her arm wrapped around me and she squeezed me from the side). I just walked away breathless...

...The next time I saw Vanessa was in 2009 in March in LA at some super small venue. I remember the concert started at 10pm and I had a huge Linguistics test the next day early in the morning. But I convinced my friend John to drive us and I paid for the tickets. (I also had to buy him a drink at the club that the concert was at.) I studied with a flashlight on the drive up and I forced him to listen to Vanessa on the way up. Vanessa didnt come out and start to play until after 1030, and I had managed to secure a spot right in front of the stage, near V's feet. I stared at Vanessa the entire time, completely mesmerized by her beauty and everything. She talked about reading Joan Didion, and I was drawn even further to her. I had read some of her books pretty recently and I knew what she was talking about when she described the feelings that the book made her feel. After the concert was over, I made john wait with me in case vanessa came out. Most of the people left right after the concert, and a few more random pple came in, because another band was setting up to play. Vanessa finally emerged while the new band on the stage was sound checking. She was mingling with the few pple by the bar and signed a couple of autographs. I came super prepared this time. I had 3 pictures for her to sign for me and I was wearing the same shoes. When I went up to her this time, I handed her my other shoe that she didnt sign and a sharpie. She just smiled at me and said "i remember you. it was a while ago, but I never forgot that shoe." I swooned as she signed everything I brought, and asked for a hug. She stepped up closer to me, and wrapped her arms around me. She leaned close and I could feel her breath tickling my neck. I was feeling so flustered and hot, her embrace felt so good. Afterwards, she moved closer to the bar and ordered a drink. I blushed furiously because I was still standing next to her. I ordered a drink (cranberry and vodka, because i was sure as hell not drinking the vodka and tonic she ordered). when the bartender girl came back with the drinks, V was getting money out. I just pushed a twenty into the bartenders hand and said, "I got both drinks." Vanessa just smiled at me, and we talked for a few minutes, until some guy, (I think it was the violin guy) came over and told her that everything was packed up and that they were going to head out in a few. Vanessa just drained the last of her drink and said, "bye" to me after talking to the guy for a minute. I said, "before you go, do you think I could have one more hug? No making out I promise." She just laughed, she must have remembered what she said the last time. We hugged and my heart melted and then she was gone, blended into the crowd in the dim lights of the bar.

By far, the best two experiences of my entire life. I always felt that Vanessa noticed me for some random reason. I wonder if she even remembers me.

if people want pictures to go along with the story, the two pictures I have with vanessa personally and a picture of the shoes, give me a couple of days to upload them :)
And all the constellations shine down on you and me... and if you don't believe me, just put your hands on me...

"This is a song about relationships that are condemned either by your family, or by the government..." Vanessa Carlton about Who's to Say

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 09:07:46 am »
^ That's a wonderful story!!! I am so jealous!!! >:(

You should definitely post the pics. ;)

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:04 am »
Nice story, it made me smile. Ahah, you requested lots of hugs from her :) Did you at least steal her DNA? If you clone her, could you sell me a copy please ;D

And yeah, we wants these pictures!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:13:49 am by Jérémy »

beatriz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 09:26:28 am »
Haha, now I wanna hug her! Nice story  :D

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 09:38:37 am »
What a lovely story, a dream come true to a fan :)

TBH, I would had joked a bit more about the make out thing.....because...whattt ifffff....!!!

Now if she says in a song something about the girl with the shoe, we will know to whom it refers ;)

And yes, defenitly we want those pics!!!
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Pan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 09:48:43 am »
Good for her.

But on another note, when is news about an album going to come? I see stories on Perez about a dog bite and bisexuality, but where's the album news?  :-\

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 09:54:27 am »
By the way people ;D, here is the video of her when she says the Im a proud bisexual woman, of corse its before Whos to say. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI5QRzWLKxs Too bad we can listen what she says next due to the audience screaming xD Shes awesome...
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 10:29:31 am »
Doesn't make a difference to me one way or the other.  I accept people for who they are.  I think that is important.  What's more, I believe that few are 100% straight or gay.

I judge people largely on how they treat me; what they do in the evenings or behind closed doors is their right and none of anyone's business.

Finally, Vanessa's private life has no bearing at all on how I feel about her or her music.  All I hope is that she is happy and continues to make more great music.

Dan/NS

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 10:42:40 am »
I know her coming out was as honest as it gets and not a career move, but I really hope it helps her career anyway. Maybe with all the attention she's getting right now she might get a new record deal.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 01:12:30 pm »
Well, at least there are no donkeys involved. I think.   ;)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 01:36:01 pm »
I am so happy and proud of her. She's always been a big supporter. She didn't have to say anything about herself. I really don't think she thought it would be everywhere when she said it. Oh the power of twitter. Someone who was at the show tweeted about it and someone else RT'ed it, who blogged etc. etc. I've seen tweets about it from E! Online, TVGuide, Extra. It's even on the AOL and Yahoo! Home pages. Yeah, she had no idea that was going to happen.

Some of us already knew ;) 

beatriz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 01:40:22 pm »
Well, at least there are no donkeys involved. I think.   ;)

lmao!