Author Topic: Carousel  (Read 62010 times)

Sai

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Carousel
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2010, 09:11:56 pm »
If anyone still wants this song, i have a really good version that sounds almost studio. just reply if your intirested :)

If there really is a better version that would be fantastic!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2010, 06:30:45 am »
If anyone still wants this song, i have a really good version that sounds almost studio. just reply if your intirested :)

If there really is a better version that would be fantastic!

absolutely would love another version/
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2010, 12:02:57 pm »
Yes please! :)

Sai

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2010, 09:48:20 pm »

I am not sure I hear the word "thunder" though I have no other suggestion as to what it may be. I try really hard to make it fit bbut in my mind I cannot.  I will have to listen to it in complete silence some day when I have time!

huh interesting because I totally here "thunder" the lyrics I'm iffy on are "Dancing all dancing spells never unearthed" cuz I have no idea what she says through most of it, but I hear "under" rather than "unearth" for some reason.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2010, 11:17:34 pm »

I am not sure I hear the word "thunder" though I have no other suggestion as to what it may be. I try really hard to make it fit bbut in my mind I cannot.  I will have to listen to it in complete silence some day when I have time!

huh interesting because I totally here "thunder" the lyrics I'm iffy on are "Dancing all dancing spells never unearthed" cuz I have no idea what she says through most of it, but I hear "under" rather than "unearth" for some reason.

I hear under as well, but can make unearthed work.  I SWEAR I hear an 'ack' sound where people hear 'thunder' !  But then again my husband says I can't hear very well.. LOL!~
side note, I just figure out I can post while I'm at work! Very excited about that.
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2010, 11:45:37 pm »
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/rabbit-hole-shoot-a-harrowing-time-for-kidman/52003

found this article about Nicole Kidman's new movie called "Rabbit Hole" and I think they should use Carousel as the theme song!  The movie sounds depressing but seems to have undertones of hope and I feel that her song would work!  It would be awesome promotion and from what I can tell sounds like a good movie.
~Sara~

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2010, 01:01:41 am »

yeah when i typed that, that whole part is the most iffy part of the whole song, not really positive on what she's saying..

i sorta just molded what i thought she said together for that line..
I'm almost sure she says
"I thought I heard your voice in the thunder"

it's the line after that that I'm really unsure of, although I'm almost sure she says "never"
--and I agree with you, it does sound like she's saying "under" BUT, the alternatives for "under" make no sense at all.
like "never under" "ever under".. i just don't get.. but if you listen closely, you can hear the faint "thed" sound after "under" (especially the first time she says it) which drives me more positively towards "unearthed" especially because "never unearthed" makes sense.
although, sadly I'm not sure what would make sense before "never unearthed"
I swear I hear "spells" and definitely a word that ends with "-ing"
so I tried my best to make lines that sound almost exactly like what she's saying, and make sure that they make at least a little bit of sense.

She may or may not be saying the exact same thing the first and 2nd times she says it...
probably is the same thing.. although it sounds slightly different the 2nd time than the first.

ok, so here is me analyzing this even more... line by line in order..
(first one)
I tried to think ... what can you do with "spells" .. well it sorta  sounds like "testing" to be honest ..well if you take the 2nd "T" sound in "testing" .."casting" is also a possibility, which would make sense, something you can do with a spell... cast it. as odd as it sounds in this song, but then again, it's sort of magical itself, now isn't it?

ok so... next word.. sounds like "on"
casting on... hmmm... maybe "all" ? "long" ? ..ok upon more listens, definitely probably not "all" ..really sounds like "long" here. because I hear "ong" and the "l-" sound is short and quick anyway.
casting long, testing long.. next word...
"distant" ? "distance" ? ..testing long distant spells never unearthed. actually i'm pretty sure this is distant rather than distance. (she's probably saying the same thing in the next line which is where i probably heard 'dancing' from)

alright well, let's analyze the 2nd time now...
the first word sounds different, yet the same as last time..
sounds like "antsy" actually. "and she" .. "-ancing" I just transformed it into "dancing" which I now realize is completely wrong.
"and she yelled distant spells never unearthed" is my best guess for now for this line, but I can't help but think it could be the exact same as the first time she said it....
it still could be "casting long distant spells never unearthed"
but wait, let's go back a little..
still 2nd time here..
sounds like "and she y'all" I don't think it's "yelled" because the word ends with an "all" sound (see my original lyrical thought)
could this be "long" again?? maybe it is, maybe Vanessa just slurred it a little.. I mean, she is kinda singing this part fast.. it is possible... but I REALLY don't hear the "g" ending to "long" it really ends with "all"

"and she all --?-- spells never unearthed"
it honestly doesn't sound like "distant" this time.. vaguely like "dancing" but I hear an "a" sound in it. like "daa_ss_omm" almost like "did some". or "dan some" but not really "some" like "sin.. in" .. "dancin" ?
I donno, if I had to give it lyrics for now I would say
"and she yelled distant spells never unearthed"

bleh! I can't wait to hear another recording of this.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2010, 01:20:17 am »
WHOA!  Holy words batman.
I like the idea of casting spells never unearthed because it IS very magical :)  You have done a lot of work and thinking and I hope I didn't offend you when I said I didn't hear 'thunder' that's just ME.
I finally have a night off work tomorrow (thursday night) so I think I am going to sit down and see what I can figure out (you've inspired me with all your hard work). No cleaning or anything else but Vanessa and Carousel.
We do desperately need a clean, stuido version (hopefully without too much else added to the song because I love the stripped, raw sound of just her and the piano..or piano and violin or guitar.)
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2010, 05:14:21 am »

We do desperately need a clean, stuido version (hopefully without too much else added to the song because I love the stripped, raw sound of just her and the piano..or piano and violin or guitar.)

I agree. Stripped versions sound more vulnerable. More depth.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2010, 03:40:23 pm »
hey guys, i know i said i had a clean version of Carousel but the file i had downloaded has been deleted :(
im sooo sorry, really :(

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »
hey guys, i know i said i had a clean version of Carousel but the file i had downloaded has been deleted :(

Where did you get it?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2010, 05:24:50 am »

I agree. Stripped versions sound more vulnerable. More depth.

Absoultely! Although, if she used the same principal as she did in Home, it could be really beautiful too.  You know, the build up of extra instrumentals.  or minimal other musicians.  I will still love it either way!
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2010, 09:05:48 am »

Where did you get it?
someone had it uploaded to Mediafire

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2010, 09:19:18 am »

Where did you get it?
someone had it uploaded to Mediafire

Did you get the link from here?

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 12:57:59 am »
qucik reply while I'm at work:
the first line I hear an 'ack' sound, and I feel like it's "back"
the second time she sings 'thought I heard  your voice..." sounds more like thunder than the first time.
I have yet to really sit down and listen but a preliminary guess at the first line is something like
"thought I heard you're voice, when you comin back" (this obviously could be totally off the mark, and I may get a lot of flack for it, but I'm prepared! Like I said, I still havn't really sat down and analyzed it, just listening in the car  ;)
~Sara~