Author Topic: 07/08/11 Largo at the Coronet - Los Angeles, CA  (Read 20813 times)

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
Re: 07/08/11 Largo at the Coronet - Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:23 pm »
I've never gone to a concert before, so I don't know how early I should show up. About how many hours before the performance time should I plan to get there? Thanks.
Well, usually you could just get there like a half hour before, but Largo is a different venue. You have to pick up your tickets there the night of the show, which, if the seating is arranged, means that i would pick up my tickets earlier rather than later. I am going to try to get there around 6:30, and then go eat and come back. If the seating isn't arranged, well, then I don't know what do do. :P This is also assuming that you want to get the best seats you can get. :)

Oh, okay! :D Thanks for the info. That's good to know. I was thinking I would have to get there HOURS before because I've heard of people doing that for other concerts. But I guess this is different because it's a smaller venue.

Also, has anyone noticed that the Largo site now says that Maia Sharp will be joining her? Is that like a separate performance or is she with Vanessa? I don't know who she is. I'll look her up.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »
I've never gone to a concert before, so I don't know how early I should show up. About how many hours before the performance time should I plan to get there? Thanks.
Well, usually you could just get there like a half hour before, but Largo is a different venue. You have to pick up your tickets there the night of the show, which, if the seating is arranged, means that i would pick up my tickets earlier rather than later. I am going to try to get there around 6:30, and then go eat and come back. If the seating isn't arranged, well, then I don't know what do do. :P This is also assuming that you want to get the best seats you can get. :)

Oh, okay! :D Thanks for the info. That's good to know. I was thinking I would have to get there HOURS before because I've heard of people doing that for other concerts. But I guess this is different because it's a smaller venue.

Also, has anyone noticed that the Largo site now says that Maia Sharp will be joining her? Is that like a separate performance or is she with Vanessa? I don't know who she is. I'll look her up.
Also, just to add on... I emailed Largo and asked if seating would be assigned, and they said yes. The earliest anyone can pick up tickets is 6:30. I shall be there then to pick up tickets. Also, with this Maia Sharp, that show might be in the other part of Largo, commonly known as the Little Room. But I have no idea, if it's at eight, I would predict that they are separate... or maybe an opening act? :) i don't know! :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 09:41:27 pm »
Not sure if I want to go. My roommate said she would want to go, but V's past attitude and concert disappointment is enough to make me want to skip out on any shows this tour.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 03:42:23 am »
@Manda, seriously? That's a silly reason not to go IMO. You may regret it afterwards if you don't!
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 10:45:22 am »
The show is in the bigger room..not the little room..and V does have an opening act. opener @ 8. V @ 9
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

barefootonbeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 05:20:06 pm »
Thanks. Um, what exactly does arranged seating mean though? (Sorry, that might sound like a stupid question :-\) Does that mean that our seats are already chosen, so that the people who get there the earliest don't get to choose the best seats? I'm new the whole concert-going scene, so I'm not familiar with this term.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

Byoungforever

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 02:36:27 pm »
Thanks. Um, what exactly does arranged seating mean though? (Sorry, that might sound like a stupid question :-\) Does that mean that our seats are already chosen, so that the people who get there the earliest don't get to choose the best seats? I'm new the whole concert-going scene, so I'm not familiar with this term.
Haha. i've posted way too much ehre... but whatever. At Largo, i'm not quite sure what arranged seating means. Looking at their sight, it seems that when you get there, you are given a seat. So the seats are given on a first come first serve style thing. So the earlier you get there, the better seats you get. As I stated above, the earliest you can get there is 6:30, so ya. But that is the deal for the show. :) See you there!

Also: Could someone help. This is a stupid question,but what time is the show? It says when yo buy tickets that the show is at 8, but on the schedule, it says 7:30. Great. i guess I'm gonna have to email them again. For like the thousandth time this week. :) lol.

PSS.... Do you think that she is gonna be meeting with us after the show? I hope that if we have to wait for her, it's not too long. :)

PSSS... is anyone bringing their camera? The Largo site says you can't, but I odn't know whether to take the risk. They say they might kick you out of the show, and I odn't know who would want that... :/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:44:11 pm by Byoungforever »
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

barefootonbeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 06:26:04 pm »
Haha. i've posted way too much ehre... but whatever. At Largo, i'm not quite sure what arranged seating means. Looking at their sight, it seems that when you get there, you are given a seat. So the seats are given on a first come first serve style thing. So the earlier you get there, the better seats you get. As I stated above, the earliest you can get there is 6:30, so ya. But that is the deal for the show. :) See you there!

Also: Could someone help. This is a stupid question,but what time is the show? It says when yo buy tickets that the show is at 8, but on the schedule, it says 7:30. Great. i guess I'm gonna have to email them again. For like the thousandth time this week. :) lol.

PSS.... Do you think that she is gonna be meeting with us after the show? I hope that if we have to wait for her, it's not too long. :)

PSSS... is anyone bringing their camera? The Largo site says you can't, but I odn't know whether to take the risk. They say they might kick you out of the show, and I odn't know who would want that... :/

Oh, okay. The earlier the better, got it.  :)

I think the opener starts at 8, and then Vanessa is on at 9, but I would check with them just to make sure.

I have a feeling that she will stay after to take pictures and stuff. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I have a feeling she will.

I am going to bring a camera, but I won't be recording during the show. I heard they have a strict no cell phone/camera policy, so I don't want to risk it. This is the first Vanessa show I'm going to and I'M SO PUMPED!!!!! so I don't want to take a chance. But I'm bringing it in case I get to take a picture with her after (hopefully!)

Also, I was thinking of bringing something for her to sign in case she comes out afterwards, but the only physical CD I have of her is Harmonium. Would that be weird if I asked her to sign one of her older records? Does any one else have any other ideas? Thanks.

Byoungforever

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 07:05:59 pm »

Oh, okay. The earlier the better, got it.  :)

I think the opener starts at 8, and then Vanessa is on at 9, but I would check with them just to make sure.

I have a feeling that she will stay after to take pictures and stuff. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I have a feeling she will.

I am going to bring a camera, but I won't be recording during the show. I heard they have a strict no cell phone/camera policy, so I don't want to risk it. This is the first Vanessa show I'm going to and I'M SO PUMPED!!!!! so I don't want to take a chance. But I'm bringing it in case I get to take a picture with her after (hopefully!)

Also, I was thinking of bringing something for her to sign in case she comes out afterwards, but the only physical CD I have of her is Harmonium. Would that be weird if I asked her to sign one of her older records? Does any one else have any other ideas? Thanks.

[/quote]

ya. I have a feeling she will stay too. I have my fingers double crossed. :) I am going to bring my camera as well, for the same reason, and I don't think it's weird at all that you are bringing an old album. :) If you have like a photo or something that you could print out, that may be something else you could bring....ummm.... well, if you buy stuff at the show, you could have her sign that... haha.... just some ideas.... :)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 04:54:45 am »
Or your ticket stub, if worse comes to worst lol.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 03:04:34 pm »
V said they will be selling Vinyl of ROTR at the shows so maybe you could pick up one of those..I'm sure she'd be happy to sign that for you.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

barefootonbeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 03:35:02 pm »
Hmm, thanks guys. I guess I will go with bringing Harmonium and my ticket stub. I would buy the vinyl, but I really just want the CD because I don't have a record player.  :D

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 10:17:02 pm »
If anybody is interested, this girl on Tumblr offered me her 2nd ticket to this show. I don't live near enough but if any of you do, you could try and contact her and see if it's still available. If anybody wants, I can post her url

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2011, 07:42:17 pm »
The last time I went to go see her she would not sign anything unless you purchased merchandise there. She took some time before going to meet the fans. I think in her mind it was more of "meet the money" and leave. I have a feeling she'll act the same way, I would be surprised if she actually cared again! I would bring extra cash or credit to buy something that you can beg her to sign while she thinks it over.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 03:32:04 am »
The last time I went to go see her she would not sign anything unless you purchased merchandise there. She took some time before going to meet the fans. I think in her mind it was more of "meet the money" and leave. I have a feeling she'll act the same way, I would be surprised if she actually cared again! I would bring extra cash or credit to buy something that you can beg her to sign while she thinks it over.

You're just not very positive are you!  I've never met her, I didn't follow closely in the past, but I feel like she has evolved a bit.  And people have already commented that she has come out and signed things at the VA and PA shows.  I'll let you know how Boston goes. But dang, girl!
~Sara~