Author Topic: Can you relate to VC's songs?  (Read 6814 times)

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Can you relate to VC's songs?
« on: May 23, 2011, 10:05:32 am »
Totally!!!

Each song is like a chapter in my life.

First was:

The one (he finaly realized I was the one)

then

Who's to say (relationship not being accepted bc of a diff lover  >:( )

then

Fools like me (what can i say)

then

Come undone
( I needed him so so so so so so much)

and now

Carousel  :'( (my officialy ex-bf left me hanging like a puppet! and I am brbroken hearted lovers lost)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:10:51 am by Manuel »

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can you relate to VC's songs?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 10:49:55 am »
BNN was like my diary

Pretty Baby (if you go with my interpretation of it being someone you are obsessed with but doesn't give you what you want in return)
Paradise
Rinse (need to get rid of that guy you're obsessed with!)

Didn't connect with Harmonium until later in life (except Wreckage which I did so immediately), which includes

Who's to Say
Private Radio
Annie (used to work on a cancer floor)
Cest la vie

H&T almost immdediately

The One
Home (had this song in my wedding)
More than this

that's all for now!
~Sara~

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 11:11:30 am »
Paradise

That is super cute  :D

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 11:20:18 am »
Paradise

That is super cute  :D

let me tell you I knew I'd have it in my wedding the first time I heard it and I wasn't even engaged yet!
~Sara~

Amy Alexandra

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - amy@willcoxcorvette.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 01:18:53 pm »
I'm one of those people who has some reason to relate to almost every single song they hear...even if it's just one line or something. Well...hopefully there are other people out there like that, haha.

I'll try to post all of mine without rambling or explaining them tooooo much. xP

To some degree I guess I've been able to relate to Pretty Baby, haha. The same probably goes for Unsung and Twilight. While I do like BNN, I haven't really had the same sort of connection with it as I have the with other two (and the upcoming) albums.

From Harmonium, the first one that comes to mind where actually being able to relate to a song is concerned is Afterglow. I love Afterglow so much, haha...when I first heard it I knew I liked it, but I never really had much of a reason to connect with it until last summer (2010).
For a very short while I could relate to parts of White Houses, but just a few lines. To some degree, I'm guilty of taking things out of context and applying them to my own life. Specifically "I'm so excited, I haven't spoken". I guess I kind of did that to the other part, too...that being the whole part about having friends you're really close to and then leaving them in a sort of bittersweet way. Sorry if I'm not making sense now. :x

Anyway...I can somewhat relate to Who's to Say and Private Radio, as well as a few specific lines of Annie.

From H&T, I'd say I've been capable of forming some connection with every song...perhaps not the entire song, but certainly lines. Even Nolita Fairytale. I'm sure few people can really FULLY relate to that song, but I think it's not too far fetched to relate to it because you've (at least temporarily) found a perfectly blissful environment/lifestyle for whatever reason...but maybe it's just me. XD
Anyway, the main ones I relate to (or have at some time been able to relate to) from H&T are Spring Street, Come Undone, The One, Heroes & Thieves, Home, and More Than This...that's a pretty big list...aaaack.

From her demo tape, I've actually been able to relate to Last Fall and Wonder for different reasons.

Sorry for rambling on and on and probably not making any sense at times. xP

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 02:37:26 pm »
I'm one of those people who has some reason to relate to almost every single song they hear...even if it's just one line or something. Well...hopefully there are other people out there like that, haha.

I'll try to post all of mine without rambling or explaining them tooooo much. xP

To some degree I guess I've been able to relate to Pretty Baby, haha. The same probably goes for Unsung and Twilight. While I do like BNN, I haven't really had the same sort of connection with it as I have the with other two (and the upcoming) albums.

From Harmonium, the first one that comes to mind where actually being able to relate to a song is concerned is Afterglow. I love Afterglow so much, haha...when I first heard it I knew I liked it, but I never really had much of a reason to connect with it until last summer (2010).
For a very short while I could relate to parts of White Houses, but just a few lines. To some degree, I'm guilty of taking things out of context and applying them to my own life. Specifically "I'm so excited, I haven't spoken". I guess I kind of did that to the other part, too...that being the whole part about having friends you're really close to and then leaving them in a sort of bittersweet way. Sorry if I'm not making sense now. :x

Anyway...I can somewhat relate to Who's to Say and Private Radio, as well as a few specific lines of Annie.

From H&T, I'd say I've been capable of forming some connection with every song...perhaps not the entire song, but certainly lines. Even Nolita Fairytale. I'm sure few people can really FULLY relate to that song, but I think it's not too far fetched to relate to it because you've (at least temporarily) found a perfectly blissful environment/lifestyle for whatever reason...but maybe it's just me. XD
Anyway, the main ones I relate to (or have at some time been able to relate to) from H&T are Spring Street, Come Undone, The One, Heroes & Thieves, Home, and More Than This...that's a pretty big list...aaaack.

From her demo tape, I've actually been able to relate to Last Fall and Wonder for different reasons.

Sorry for rambling on and on and probably not making any sense at times. xP

Not rambling at all! I enjoy reading it :)  I highlighted the items that I relate to as well, and I think it's something we all do, at one time or another
~Sara~

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 02:45:41 pm »

Looks like I am not the only fan who incorporated *Home* into their wedding.  I used lyrics from *Home* in my wedding vows!
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 03:20:44 pm »

Looks like I am not the only fan who incorporated *Home* into their wedding.  I used lyrics from *Home* in my wedding vows!

good idea! I was going to as well, but my husband did not want to write our own.  :(
~Sara~

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 03:42:55 pm »
Hm...when I was younger, no. But after re-following her, it all seems to fit in.

BNN
Huzzah for brief liberations and teenage love.

Harmonium
White houses...Simple enough. Except I'm the one giving not receiving.
Half a Week Before the Winter & Papa seemed to fit pretty well when I didn't like the school I chose [initially].

H&T
Definitely that new found glory -- Nolita Fairytale.
That girl I fell for and well...that was it. -- Come Undone, Home

And for ROTR
London was an instant connection for reasons that'll go unsaid. Sob stories are stupid to share.
Carousel. I took it more as of a "seize the day" sort of thing--overcoming a sort of depression stage. I forget who interpreted it as V looking back at her life, but it's similar to that. It fits.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 09:35:37 pm »
The only songs that I could definitely relate to are Home, More Than This, and Carousel.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

VCarltonNet

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 02:07:04 am »
I remember Summer of 2009 when I fell in love with my boyfriend and Really it was like amazing. I remember I called him after I got home from work and I heard "Ordinary Day" in the background. I asked what that beautiful song was and he said it was Vanessa. It was funny because when i was a young lad I was in love with that song and I had forgotten about it. After our talk i hung up and I remember listening to that song for the first time in many years..My heart and mind were in AWE. I felt like "Dude this song totally gets how I feel" It is by far one of the best songs ever written by man kind and I feel is a gift to the world. That song then led into my deep love for Vanessa. Each song tells a story and her stories are kind of similar to mine. Just love Vanessa so much <3

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 08:05:42 pm »
I got your message, glad you're doing well

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Vanessa, are you reading my diary again?

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 05:07:31 pm »
i think i related to every song of hers in some point of my life. i can't remember all of them, but i can say harmonium was truly important for me. "c'est la vie" really helped me. also "fools like me" and some songs on be not nobody

i confess i can't relate (yet?) to the rabbits on the run songs. i guess it's because the songs are more mature and i haven't reach yet a point of my life where i can relate to these songs.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 05:34:56 pm »
i think i related to every song of hers in some point of my life. i can't remember all of them, but i can say harmonium was truly important for me. "c'est la vie" really helped me. also "fools like me" and some songs on be not nobody

i confess i can't relate (yet?) to the rabbits on the run songs. i guess it's because the songs are more mature and i haven't reach yet a point of my life where i can relate to these songs.

So far I feel similarly, with the exception to Carousel and London.  I feel a very spiritual vibe in all the songs and that doesn't usually come until later in life...it's just like you said, they are a bit more mature than her other things and not to say that thirty is old, but you definitely have a different mindset then compared to when you're 20
~Sara~

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 06:42:48 pm »
I got your message, glad you're doing well

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Vanessa, are you reading my diary again?

I'm glad you pointed out that line. ._. The day I wanted to ask this one girl out, what do you know...She was already in a relationship for about a week, and I didn't know about it. Just when I mustered up the courage, everything shattered. But it's okay, I guess.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."