Author Topic: 2011 Fall tour with Matt Nathanson  (Read 39871 times)

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2011 Fall tour with Matt Nathanson
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 07:03:20 am »
Haha, I'll certainly join in that. The best artists always have a closing act, it's well known in live music. :)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2011, 10:29:11 pm »
I've decided that Vanessa isn't opening for Matt Nathanson; Matt Nathanson is closing for Vanessa.

Won't you join me in my delusion?

Not a delusion!  I like this concept.
~Sara~

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2011, 05:03:32 pm »
So, I just found out that Vanessa is coming to Indiana University of Pennsylvania on October 10th!!!!!!!!  I bought my ticket and I hope that my seat is at a good enough angle so that I can get pictures and hopefully videos for everyone!  I'm literally so excited!!!!!

LadyLavender

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2011, 12:55:57 pm »
I'm thinking of heading to the Chicago show, but we'll have to see how my schedule ends up falling into place.

Also, I've seen Matt in concert once before (about 3 years ago) and he actually puts on a pretty decent show. Lots of covers, good crowd interaction and he plays all his hits. I know at one point he did a medley of a bunch of different songs and, unless my memory is very much mistaken, he had the chorus to A Thousand Miles as part of it. He also did a meet and greet after the show and he was a really nice guy, very gracious to his fans and whatnot.

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2011, 09:29:01 pm »
Well, hopefully depending on my place and what time I arrive at the two shows I'm attending I will totally take pictures and videos for everyone!  I'm super excited!  Are any Nessaholics going to the Pittsburgh show!?  If so you should travel to Indiana, PA because Matt Nathanson and Vanessa are also coming here the week after!! It's pure magic =)

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 06:30:53 pm »
I've been seeing ads for Matt Nathanson's new album EVERYWHERE - Facebook in particular, but like seriously every site I go to, there's a Matt Nathanson ad haha.  It's getting me excited for the show next week (!!!).

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 12:00:40 pm »
I've been seeing ads for Matt Nathanson's new album EVERYWHERE - Facebook in particular, but like seriously every site I go to, there's a Matt Nathanson ad haha.  It's getting me excited for the show next week (!!!).

he just performed on Conan last night too.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2011, 09:17:48 pm »
It's finally here. Tomorrow, Vanessa is performing at the House of Blues in New Orleans. I know she's opening act and all.. but after tomorrow night, it'll change to the "House of Vanessa". Heh, for us.  8) All of us will be there supporting her in spirit. I wish the best of luck to Vanessa (she doesn't really need it.. hehe).

Also, the 9/27 Washington D.C. "9:30 Club" is the only venue that is sold out. Interesting..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:25:26 pm by pupmagic »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2011, 01:08:07 am »
Don't forget to record to record anything new!  ;D have a great night

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2011, 01:22:37 am »
Can't wait to see her.

Have fun to those going! :)

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2011, 08:25:05 am »
(I posted this in the 9:30 Club thread, but re-posting it here cuz I want input)

I'm trying to decide what I should do.  Part of me wants to just get to the show five minutes before it starts, hang out in the back for her set, then leave.  Another part of me wants to get there REALLY early (like 4pm or something haha) and be as close to the front as possible, but then I'd probably have to stay for Matt cuz it would be hard to leave between sets with all the other people there.

Any ideas?

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2011, 09:20:27 pm »

Also, I've seen Matt in concert once before (about 3 years ago) and he actually puts on a pretty decent show. Lots of covers, good crowd interaction and he plays all his hits. I know at one point he did a medley of a bunch of different songs and, unless my memory is very much mistaken, he had the chorus to A Thousand Miles as part of it. He also did a meet and greet after the show and he was a really nice guy, very gracious to his fans and whatnot.

I've seen Matt Nathanson a few times, and even if you're not crazy about his music, he puts on an excellent show. I'm a fan of his older stuff and many of his fans are really annoying - but he's hilarious and like you said, has great interaction with the crowd. I'm going to both the DC shows :-)

Pan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2011, 08:44:47 am »
I wasn't going to go to the Chicago show because I've got another concert to go to the week after and I was bummed about V being the opening act, but now that I see on twitter she's written that she will sign autographs after each show... I think I might just go.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2011, 10:36:48 am »
Ahhhh, I'm SO happy she's going to be signing autographs and all that!  I can't wait to actually meet her!

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2011, 12:46:07 pm »
 I I I I I I I can't wait dskdhjsdsDLFHDJHDLFHDLFD AAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Haha.  :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:11:41 pm by Onyx »