Author Topic: Evanescence  (Read 228788 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #390 on: July 16, 2003, 07:44:29 pm »
The drop down note just sounds weird live, that is why I was wondering if she has been doing it on purpose or if it is just her voice warming itself. It seems like once she drops it sometimes she can't get the pitch of her voice to go back up for a bit.

Not that I am complaining, because I thought it was a killer performance, just an observation.

Plus both times I have seen them in concert the begining of "Going Under" hasn't sounded like that, so I dunno  :?. It isn't all that big of a deal though.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2003, 09:17:04 pm »
Yesterday I got to meet Evanescence  :D , my day started off horribly, I got a call to say that my friend wasnt going to be able to make it so I got a little bit upset because i wasnt sure if i wanted to go by myself so I did any way.
When I got to Mt Druitt Shopping centre I got a bit lost so by the time I got there, there was already 3 lines formed infront of me.
A few minutes of waiting I heard someone calling my and it was my old school friend so I hung out with her.
After waiting 2 and a half hours suddenly Amy and Ben appeared, they walked into a small room on the 2nd story of the shopping centre where they were interviewed by MTV Australia.
15 minutes later Mumma Jugs ( a radio presenter) introduced Amy and Ben to the crowd.
I looked at Amy and nearly died when I saw how pretty she was.
Oh and Ben was spunky aswell.
Mumma Jugs did a short interview with the band and she asked Ben what his favorite thing he had seen in Australia, he replied "The koala's" then Mumma said "You know they bite and scratch, What would you call the koala?" and Ben explained "Id call it Amy because you said they bite and scratch" LOL it made me laugh so much.
After their interview Amy explained that they had been asked to sing only 2 songs but she felt bad because this was the only instore performance so they would sing more then 2 which I thought was so nice of them.
The started off with "Going Under" which was a brilliant choice to start off with.
At the end of the song Amy said she was actually going to sing "Going down under" but she couldnt do it because she would laugh to much, then she started to sing "Im going down under" lol and Ben laughted, it was hilarious.
The next song Ben and Amy played was My Immortal, it showed me how beautiful Amy can sing.
After My Immortal they played a Nirvana song Heart shaped box when the chorus came about Amy laughted and said "I wanted you guys to sing the chorus and she continued.
After the song ended Amy jokingly said "just kidding thats not really our song".
Then after that they sang their number one Australian single "Bring me to life" I sang along to this one so loudly (i also phoned my friend lol).

When they had finished playing acoustic it was time for everyone to meet them, I got so excited that I went all hot.
It wasnt a long wait so when I got up there I was stunned like i always am meeting famous ppl.
First up I met Ben, he was nice and shook my hand and signed my cd but I didnt get to talk to him because this girl behind me talked over the top of me so that was a bit dissapointing.
Next up was Amy, I was looking forward to meeting her the most, I said hello to her and thanked her for signing my cd, she replied your welcome Katie, take care (she knew my name because I had a little note on the cd cover so they spelt my name right.
Then I left, WOO it was so cool and I got a free poster, its so huge.

I had an awesome day and Im glad that I went.

Here is the signed Fallen cd thats all MINE hahaha:

Ill be getting my photos tomorrow so hopefully there r a few good ones.

Posi

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • http://zeromindmusic.com
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2003, 10:23:08 pm »
Woot! Yeah Amy is a total sweetheart when it comes to the fans. Except for this one case. Was really funny actually. It was on a Road Trip I and 3 others from Cali went to in Louisianna and at the Lafayette show afterwards Amy and the band except for Ben came out to sign Autographs. So Nate (Blimptor from Evboard) and I were standing there talking to Amy and this little scrawny kid came up asked her to sign his CD, was very polite and the dreaded Question came up.

"Are you guys Christian? Are you a Christian band?"

Amy's face was SO PRICELESS! It went from a  :lol:  to a  :roll: /jawdropping look. The kid left and she was like AAAAAANNNNNNYWAY..... And just smiled. The little things ya know? The body language, and how you can learn from people that way. Was fun times. Glad you had a good encounter and time as well!

As for Ben. To get his attention easier? FLash him.... he seems to be obsessed with boobs.  :twisted:

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2003, 10:33:07 pm »
thats SO awesome Katie!!! i'm glad you had a good time! i had no idea they were going to Austrailia! i wanna meet them!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2003, 10:34:40 pm »
LOL ill remember that 4 next time because they promised to come back and tour.

Amy seems sweet, she had her hair in pig tails.

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2003, 10:37:18 pm »
Quote from: "kiisnsync"
thats SO awesome Katie!!! i'm glad you had a good time! i had no idea they were going to Austrailia! i wanna meet them!

Yep holly they did, I wanted to get some signed cds for certain ppl but you were only allowed one per person :( im sorry.

I took a photo of the HUGE poster on my wall aswell so ill be sure to show u that. Its so big lol i might put it on another wall.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Evanescence
« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2003, 11:02:30 pm »
That rocks Katie! Glad you got to meet them and had a good time at the instore!  :D
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2003, 11:05:31 pm »
thanks brian  :D  def made me a bigger fan.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2003, 10:04:13 am »
Quote from: "aleera84"

Yep holly they did, I wanted to get some signed cds for certain ppl but you were only allowed one per person :( im sorry.

I took a photo of the HUGE poster on my wall aswell so ill be sure to show u that. Its so big lol i might put it on another wall.

cool! i wanna see the poster!

does anyone know where i can get an Evanescence poster? i cant find one, so i just blow up other pictures to put on my wall, but the biggest one i have is an 8x11

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #399 on: July 21, 2003, 10:11:49 am »
does anyone know where i can get an Evanescence poster? i cant find one, so i just blow up other pictures to put on my wall, but the biggest one i have is an 8x11

Only place to get one is from concerts. It's a cool poster, I have mine framed  :)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Evanescence
« Reply #400 on: July 21, 2003, 10:17:36 am »
Quote from: "blackvulture"

Only place to get one is from concerts. It's a cool poster, I have mine framed  :)

thanks! i'll get one when i see their concert next month then! :)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #401 on: July 21, 2003, 12:40:01 pm »
very cool Katie!!

anyone know when the Hard Rock Live show with Ev is on MTV or did I already miss it?

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Evanescence
« Reply #402 on: July 21, 2003, 01:25:38 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"
anyone know when the Hard Rock Live show with Ev is on MTV or did I already miss it?

it hasnt aired yet. rumor has it, August 6th. We'll know for sure a lil closer

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Evanescence
« Reply #403 on: July 21, 2003, 01:32:01 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Quote from: "eclv"

it hasnt aired yet. rumor has it, August 6th. We'll know for sure a lil closer

I wonder if you really do like Evanescence more than Staind now....Which BTW, Staind was number 6 I believe on MTV2's Rock Countdown...Or whaever they call it....LoL!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

ChocoNutz

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - popjuliane
    • View Profile
Woooo
« Reply #404 on: July 21, 2003, 05:54:23 pm »
You're so lucky, Katez!!!  :D
I wish I could see them live too...
I got their CD today! so yay!
Hey, Katez, I miss you...  :(
<3