Author Topic: The Wreckers  (Read 57026 times)

The Wreckers
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2006, 10:04:59 am »
Quote from: "I gotta wear shades"

There is a difference between drawing your own conclusion and lying.  

Michelle's pregnancy and the release of her next album are pretty much as important as it gets for her.  I would think she had plenty of dialogue with Maverick on these issues and wasn't simply drawing her own conclusion.  Granted, that's just speculation on my part, but it wouldn't make sense that she wouldn't be VERY involved in the communications regarding these topics.

I gotta wear shades

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
The Wreckers
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2006, 11:52:20 am »
You don't seem to be conceding the fact that she never said that they weren't concerned for her health.

All she was doing was venting in anger in that post and maybe getting some things off her chest.  I'm not sure how much of it you should treat as gospel.

The Wreckers
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2006, 12:46:46 pm »
You don't seem to be conceding the fact that she never said that they weren't concerned for her health.

All she was doing was venting in anger in that post and maybe getting some things off her chest.  I'm not sure how much of it you should treat as gospel.

This is all very true but, like I said, I'm cynical by nature.  Also, if record labels had any compassion for their artists as people instead of just viewing them as cash registers, the music industry would be completely different.

Your view on this is less biased and perhaps even more rational than mine but, as Vanessa would say, I've seen how the Vampires on these record labels eat the Unicorn artists, and that is what has led to my fairly radical cynicism regarding topics like this.

cwfultz

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ismellswisscheez
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/cwfultz
The Wreckers
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2006, 05:22:04 pm »
Jessica Harp has an album coming soon. I'll probably look into that.

I'm very excited about The Wreckers.

jessicaweiser

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
The Wreckers
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2006, 05:57:40 pm »
Sorry, but Jessica's album won't be out for a long time. She delayed recording and is concentrating on Wreckers material at the moment. On the message board at jessicaharp.net we have four new live tracks, though.

Also The Wreckers single "Leave the Peices" is up on iTunes as of today. Check it out!

I gotta wear shades

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
The Wreckers
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2006, 10:47:52 am »
Quote from: "jessicaweiser"
Sorry, but Jessica's album won't be out for a long time. She delayed recording and is concentrating on Wreckers material at the moment. On the message board at jessicaharp.net we have four new live tracks, though.

Whoa, this is a total shock to me!  8O   What was she doing during the later months while Michelle was with child?

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
The Wreckers
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2006, 11:12:53 am »
Quote from: "jessicaweiser"

Whoa, this is a total shock to me!  8O   What was she doing during the later months while Michelle was with child?

Writing, pre-production, etc.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
The Wreckers
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2006, 09:13:23 am »
boo :(
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

The Wreckers
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2006, 04:04:28 pm »
From Rolling Stone:

>Over a late-night chili dog at a Grammy after-party in Los Angeles, singer-songwriter Michelle Branch told Rolling Stone about the Wreckers' forthcoming debut, Stand Still, Look Pretty, due in May. "It's a country record," she said of her album with fellow Wrecker Jessica Harp. The first single, "Leave the Pieces," will hit radio soon. "We just shot the video. It was really fun."
The duo will be hitting the road for a promotional tour this Sunday in Nashville -- with Branch and bassist Teddy Landau's six-month-old daughter, Owen Isabel, in tow. Said Branch, "We're doing it all by bus since we can't fly with [Owen]."

The twenty-two-year-old's last release was 2003's Hotel Paper, which peaked at Number Two on the chart.

As for the chili dog, which came from famed L.A. institution Pink's, Branch figured it was all or nothing. "I've been on a diet," she said, "and if I'm going for it, I gotta go for it."
>

If she wants to feel more thin without sacrificing good food she should come up here to Wisconsin.  She could eat ten chili dogs a day and she'd still be considered skinny compared to most of the girls up here!! :lol:

jk :lol:

The Wreckers
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2006, 01:26:50 pm »
Jess announced that the release date for SSLP got moved up to May 23!

http://jessicaharp.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1617

:D

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
New Concert Date Announced!
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2006, 06:51:29 am »
The Wreckers will be peforming at the Foothills Fall Festival in Maryville, Tenn., on Saturday, October 14! :D   Right here in Tennessee, and I just know I can't go. :(
Dustin

jessicaweiser

• View Profile
The Wreckers
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2006, 08:55:04 pm »
They are coming to Indianapolis on 4/2 to play a free concert downtown. Details on that and their new video will be up tomorrow on jessicaharp.net!

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
The Wreckers
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2006, 09:00:36 pm »
oh crap...now I have to buy 2 albums on 5/23 and they're both country.

What's this world coming to?

o_O

Love you Weiser
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
The Wreckers
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2006, 09:44:57 pm »
Quote from: "tricia"
oh crap...now I have to buy 2 albums on 5/23 and they're both country.

What's this world coming to?

o_O

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think I am still partially in denial that I like some country music.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Sheree

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/yougetme
The Wreckers
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2006, 11:54:13 am »
I can't wait for the Wreckers album, also really looking forward to hearing Jess's new album!

Really hope they get their butts to the UK to showcase the album!!!  If not I will be paying good money to fly Stateside to see them that's for sure  :D

~Just a day just an Ordinary Day~