Author Topic: Good Morning / Good Night Thread  (Read 56601 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Good Morning / Good Night Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2004, 07:12:58 pm »
Quote from: "NESSAussie"
Quote from: "Grakthis"
What time is it in Aussie land anyways?

Edit: Why is that image in the body of your post?  Sig?

13:10 AET - Australian Eastern Time :wink: The sig is a reminder to Scott to
re-host the sig at the link he accidentally deleted in case he's forgotten!

I have a vague memory of an australian telling me that Australia has like 5 time zones?

So if it's 1 PM australian time then you are GMT + 9?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2004, 07:17:52 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"

my dear sir, a cookie is just a cookie but fig newton's are fruit and cake!

dorm life is good, my residents are great this year.  my hall is right behind the classroom buildings.  It's going to be an easy senior year besides those damn GRE's.

*groan*

How did I know you were gonna say that?

GRE is east.  No worries.  You'll do fine.

Though, study up on your geometry.  That part killed me.

all math kills me.  GRE's aren't even that important to the schools i'm applying to but I still have to take them.  HAve you gotten to see DMB lately?  I couldn't get to a show.

I saw'em in Cincy about a month and half ago.

I was actually dissapointed.  It seems like the shows have gotten very redundant.  It was 90% Crash and Under the table.  Justthe same stuff I've heard a million times.

Then they did like 4 new songs off the upcoming album and they were very average.

I was bummed. :(

I got screwed over going to see them at SPAC.  Apparently my "friend" was supposed to order tickets but then she disappeared and I never heard from her until three weeks after the show.  I've heard recordnings of the new stuff and the only one I like is Joy Ride.  Sugar Will puts me to sleep.

edit: all in all it was a pretty lack luster tour

Yep.  I was terribly underwhelmed.  I hope this isn't a sign of DMB having jumped the shark.

They have to stick around long enough to get me a good studio version of Sweet Up and Down!!!11!1!

i feel the same way, and the new songs (besides hello again) are starting to sound the same.  What needs to happen is the band not playing the "standards" like So Much to Say, Too Much, Crash, Crush, etc.  all the time.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2004, 07:21:00 pm »

my dear sir, a cookie is just a cookie but fig newton's are fruit and cake!

dorm life is good, my residents are great this year.  my hall is right behind the classroom buildings.  It's going to be an easy senior year besides those damn GRE's.

*groan*

How did I know you were gonna say that?

GRE is east.  No worries.  You'll do fine.

Though, study up on your geometry.  That part killed me.

all math kills me.  GRE's aren't even that important to the schools i'm applying to but I still have to take them.  HAve you gotten to see DMB lately?  I couldn't get to a show.

I saw'em in Cincy about a month and half ago.

I was actually dissapointed.  It seems like the shows have gotten very redundant.  It was 90% Crash and Under the table.  Justthe same stuff I've heard a million times.

Then they did like 4 new songs off the upcoming album and they were very average.

I was bummed. :(

I got screwed over going to see them at SPAC.  Apparently my "friend" was supposed to order tickets but then she disappeared and I never heard from her until three weeks after the show.  I've heard recordnings of the new stuff and the only one I like is Joy Ride.  Sugar Will puts me to sleep.

edit: all in all it was a pretty lack luster tour

Yep.  I was terribly underwhelmed.  I hope this isn't a sign of DMB having jumped the shark.

They have to stick around long enough to get me a good studio version of Sweet Up and Down!!!11!1!

i feel the same way, and the new songs (besides hello again) are starting to sound the same.  What needs to happen is the band not playing the "standards" like So Much to Say, Too Much, Crash, Crush, etc.  all the time.

I still desperatly want to hear "So Right" live.

I still love DMB, but I think I'm finally past that stage.  I'm too old for most  of the crowd.  I find myself thinking about the "glory days."  I'm thinking no more than 1 DMB show per year for me.

I have too many other artists I want to see to focus entirely on DMB!
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2004, 07:24:49 pm »

I still love DMB, but I think I'm finally past that stage.  I'm too old for most  of the crowd.  I find myself thinking about the "glory days."  I'm thinking no more than 1 DMB show per year for me.

those quotes were getting wicked long.

yeah, there are a few songs i want to hear, it's my goal to hear So Right, Lie in our Graves, and Nancies.  I've never been to a show when he's played Nancies.  Yet I've heard Warehouse 50 million times.  It's a good song, but there's no variety anymore.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2004, 07:28:47 pm »

yeah, there are a few songs i want to hear, it's my goal to hear So Right, Lie in our Graves, and Nancies.  I've never been to a show when he's played Nancies.  Yet I've heard Warehouse 50 million times.  It's a good song, but there's no variety anymore.

I liked the pyramid :(

I've heard LIOG and Nancies a MILLION times.

I love LIOG live.

Of course, I have seen them something like 25 times now... so there aren't a lot of songs I HAVEN'T heard.  Just the really obscure stuff.

Edit: Ok, I think it's finally my bedtime.  Good night NH.com!  See you in the morning!

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2004, 07:33:13 pm »

it's just the luck of the draw I guess.  I'm usually only at one night of a two or three night stint and it's the one where we get Where are You Going, The Space Between, and I Did It in a row.  Ick. ANd of course the next night he played #14, LIG or Nancies.

Nighty night!

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2004, 08:53:29 pm »
hmmm... GOOD EVENING, YO!!! lol.... Gina, that really sucks. Hope you get better!

OH, everyone who prays, can you please pray for me on behalf of my grandma? please? in the words of VC, I'll blow you guys imaginary cheek kisses if you do. But she's not doing that well right now.... she has hepatitis C and it's getting ALOT worse and fast..... (she thinks she contracted it from a blood transfusion she had 25 years ago after thyroid surgery...they didn't check blood products for harmful diseases and stuff back then, according to her.) But i'd appreciate it you guys....I'm kind of scared right now.

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2004, 10:07:06 pm »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"
Yeah, our D sucks... well, it sucks goats, as you said earlier.

No complaining about your team's defense being horrible until you give up 182 rushing yards to the Bears, 5 touchdowns in the first half to Peyton Manning and 170+ yards to Tiki Barber.

None.  :evil: :microwave: lol
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Xenophanes

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2004, 11:51:43 pm »
Good Evening to all of you; I'm up at this ungodly hour for me not because I am indeed an undead creature of the night, but because I decided to use the Law of Cosines for an assignment that truly only required a protractor...some part of my brain told me it would be more fun with Trig...and it was... 8O

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh I need sleep. :roll:

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2004, 01:17:39 am »
Well you know, i wonder quuuuuite how much point there will be in me posting in this thread because whenever i say 'GOOD MORNING NESSAHOLICS!' or 'GOOD NIGHT!' I will not hear rapturous applause but merely one of those funny stick balls blowing past me in the desert.

Prove me wrong if you want to. That is all.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2004, 01:31:10 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Well you know, i wonder quuuuuite how much point there will be in me posting in this thread because whenever i say 'GOOD MORNING NESSAHOLICS!' or 'GOOD NIGHT!' I will not hear rapturous applause but merely one of those funny stick balls blowing past me in the desert.

Okay. I'll prove you wrong (story of your life ;-)). Good morning!

-Kev

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2004, 01:58:11 am »
SCUMADOR! You used my joke against me, and rather effectively! Yesterday in first aid, when we had to pretend to be dead, someone said to Ele "Ele, move up, you're taking up too much space" And lets take a guess at what i said!? Bwhahahaha.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2004, 01:58:56 am »
good-morning and good-night......(it is actaully 3 am right now)

*head falls on keyboard*

tylor

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2004, 02:20:34 am »
Yesterday in first aid, when we had to pretend to be dead, someone said to Ele "Ele, move up, you're taking up too much space" And lets take a guess at what i said!? Bwhahahaha.

lmao. Nicely done.

but merely one of those funny stick balls blowing past me in the desert.

Hehe, a stick ball. Do you mean a tumbleweed? Stick ball sounds like one of those unfun games Victorian children used to play.

-Kev

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2004, 04:37:24 am »

STICK BALLS?!?

ROFFLE!

Morning Nessaholics.

Off to work.  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

---Andrew