Author Topic: favorite quotes  (Read 10646 times)

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
favorite quotes
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2005, 03:39:23 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Quote from: "BWilli"
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
why did you quote yourself?

don't know....i just noticed that though

Permit me to solve the mystery.

Looks like you clicked "quote" instead of "edit" when you wanted to change "makers..." to "makers,"

- Spirit of the Boards

OMG I've got goosebumps ..

FREAKY ..  8O LOL

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
favorite quotes
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2005, 09:34:12 am »
"The uncertainties of the present always give way to the enchanting possibilities of the future" - Gelsey Kirkland

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

"I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it. " - Cameron, from Ferris Bueller's Day Off

"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, 'I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me.'" - Ferris, from Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
favorite quotes
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2005, 09:39:25 am »
Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest! ~ Linus

I've learned that there are three things never to dicuss with people.  Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin ~ Linus

It is a crime to kill a neighbor and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is a neighbor and who is an enemy is purely a matter of social definition. ~ E.R. Leach

I haven't blushed this much since Madame Pomfrey said she liked my new ear muffs ~ Dumbledore

You can't control the freaks, you just run the circus ~ my friend Jess Schmit.

I'm only this far and only tomorrow leads the way ~ DMB (ok so not really a quote but who cares)
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
favorite quotes
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2005, 11:01:57 am »
Books/Literature:

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." -James Dean (I think this is a universal theme and it's pretty cliche, but I like the way he stated it.)

"…if the only form of tradition, of handing down, consisted in following the ways of the immediate generation before us in a blind or timid adherence to its successes, “tradition” should positively be discouraged. We have seen many such simple currents soon lost in the sand; and novelty is better than repetition.” –T.S. Eliot (the guy is pretentious, but I like this quote)

"Polonius: Do you know me, my lord?
Hamlet: Excellent well, you are a fishmonger
."
(I think that's a great line and I LOVE the Mel Gibson rendition. I think he pulled off Hamlet better than anyone else I've seen try and that scene in the library is just excellent. There are other excellent lines from the play, of course, but that one always makes me laugh)

I have a bunch of other quotes I like outlined in my books, but they're at school and I'm home right now so I don't wanna misquote them.

Music: (just a few, there are tons)

"No one is allowed to be so proud, we never reach out when we're giving up." - Better Than Ezra (A Lifetime)

"The sun is always in my eyes. It crashes through the windows and I'm sleeping on the couch when I came to visit you. That's when I knew that I could never have you. I knew that before you did; still I'm the one who's stupid." annnnd "New York city's evil. The surface is everything, but I could never do that, someone would see through that." annnnd "I go home to the coast it starts to rain, I paddle out on the water alone. I taste the salt and taste the pain, I'm not thinking of you again. Summer dies and swells rise, the sun goes down in my eyes through these rolling waves, darkly coming to take me home." - 3EB
(Wow. I love this song. I remember the first time I found it on my brothers old IMac and I'd never heard it before though I knew their first cd. This song is so pretty and poetic, it blew me away.)

"There's an old man sitting next to me making love to his tonic and gin. He says, son can you play me a memory? I'm not really sure how it goes, but it's sad and it's sweet, and I knew it complete when I wore a younger man's clothes." -Billay Joel ;)

"There was no party and there were no songs, cause today's just a day like the day that he started. Nobody left here knows his first name, and life barrels on like a runaway train where the passengers change, they don't change anything; you get off, someone else can get on. And I'm sorry Mr. Jones, it's time." -Ben Folds (Fred Jones, pt 2)

"You'll never feel the heat of this soul... My fever burns me deeper than I've ever shown to you." - Fiona Apple (Never is a Promise)

Movies:

"I never had any other friends like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?" - Stephen King (Stand By me/ The Body)

"I grew up a poor black child." and "I don't need anything! (I need this)" - Steve Martin (The Jerk)

^Hmm. That's all I can think of for movies right now. Lol. I'm sure there are TONS more I love. Oh well. Haha. That's a long list of quotes. I like quotes. :lol:

[/b]

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
favorite quotes
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2005, 08:44:58 pm »
Quote from: "Dancernl"

I've learned that there are three things never to dicuss with people.  Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin ~ Linus

It is a crime to kill a neighbor and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is a neighbor and who is an enemy is purely a matter of social definition. ~ E.R. Leach

I haven't blushed this much since Madame Pomfrey said she liked my new ear muffs ~ Dumbledore

I'm only this far and only tomorrow leads the way ~ DMB (ok so not really a quote but who cares)

I like the one about you can't control the freaks :-)
It;s like a quote from Almost famous ..
"I didn't create rain, I just own the best umbrella!!"

~*~save the uni

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
favorite quotes
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2005, 06:41:54 am »
Quote from: "HappyZen"

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
favorite quotes
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2005, 07:38:06 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

lol, I'm on drugs!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
favorite quotes
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2005, 06:53:19 pm »

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

lol, I'm on drugs!

Who's on first? :?

~*~save the uni

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
favorite quotes
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2005, 07:05:15 am »

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

lol, I'm on drugs!

"FECK YOU! ALL OF YOU!"

"Well, there it is. Your sister using the 'f' word"

"I think she said 'feck'"

"what's the difference?"

"the letter U...."
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
favorite quotes
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2005, 04:24:17 pm »
"Oh oh oh oh oh oh, you don't have to go oh oh oh oh oh . . ." - D'Yer Mak'er

"Am I hard enough? Am I rough enough? Am I rich enough? I’m not too blind to see . . . You’re a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty girl." - Beast of Burden

"To be great, then, is to be misunderstood." - Emerson

"Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems." - Going to California

"Some of us hover when we weep for the other who was dying since the day they were born. Well, this is not that." - Stay

I've got more. Let me think.

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
favorite quotes
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2005, 04:26:33 pm »
Emerson didn't say that.  He just wrote it down while we were having a chat. :wink:

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
favorite quotes
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2005, 05:11:50 pm »
Quote from: "PIBby"
"Oh oh oh oh oh oh, you don't have to go oh oh oh oh oh . . ." - D'Yer Mak'er

"Am I hard enough? Am I rough enough? Am I rich enough? I’m not too blind to see . . . You’re a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty girl." - Beast of Burden

"To be great, then, is to be misunderstood." - Emerson

"Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems." - Going to California

"Some of us hover when we weep for the other who was dying since the day they were born. Well, this is not that." - Stay

I've got more. Let me think.

Man... where does a 14 year old get such great taste in music? ;)

---Andrew

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
favorite quotes
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2005, 05:28:25 pm »
Quote from: "PIBby"

amen sistah  :D

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
favorite quotes
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2005, 11:10:54 am »
Man... where does a 14 year old get such great taste in music? ;)

I just can't help it sometimes. :P

PS Satan, I thought I was sure he did say it.

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
favorite quotes
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2005, 05:57:25 am »
I love your quote Holly!!

"All I know is that she can't fall for you if you're not there to catch her." - Alex on the OC