yes it does matter
2 (4.3%)
I accept it but wouldn't do it
6 (13%)
I don't accept it at all
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: January 31, 2005, 05:07:44 pm

Author Topic: interracial dating  (Read 20201 times)

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
interracial dating
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2005, 02:03:59 am »
Quote from: "xxjenniferxx"
I want a european guy hahaha j/k (seriously *wink*)

I hear that!
T'swhy I'm going to Spain LOL :-) mmm Spanish boys LOL :-)

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
interracial dating
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2005, 07:51:01 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Quote from: "keith"
Quote from: "Grakthis"
There are 4 people on this MB who are biggots  8O
Just because those 4 don't agree with the popular opinion that interracial dating is A-OK, that doesn't make them bigots.
That's right!  Disagreeing with interracial dating doesn't make anyone any more a bigot than agreeing with it makes someone a ------lover.  Namecalling is not something I'm going to stoop to, and I believe I can be sure it's not something that would be tolerated on this board.  But I know nobody's going there, are they? :D

Actually, yes it does.

If you exclude someone, judge someone, have an opinion of someone, etc based ENTIRELY on race, skin color, haircolor, facial decorations, clothing, etc then you are a bigot.

Actually, if you wanna get technical, by the denotation, it just makes you "someone who is guilty of prejudice."  However, I think shortening this to BIGOT is acceptable given the connotation and discussion.

Now, it's arguable when biggotry or prejudice is justified.  I'll have that argument with anyone who wants, but obviously that's only a tangent discussion.  I can think of a few examples of justifiable bigotry.  For example, based on how a person dresses.  Or the religion they choose to follow.  Frankly, I hate the mormon faith and anyone who willingly follows it.  This is a justified bigotry.  I am prejuding Mormons based on something they CHOOSE to believe that I personally find repulsive.

However, anyone who argues that biggotry based on race is OK, can fuck off and die.  It's not.  A person has NO SAY in their race, so forming any kind of opinion based on it is WRONG.  YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN SEE RACE WHEN YOU LOOK AT A PERSON ANY MORE THAN YOU SEE HAIR COLOR.  I don't see a girl and immediatly classify her as "blonde."

Now.  If you want to say "I don't find hispanic girls attractive, therefore I don't date hispanic girls."  This is actually a different statement.  Because it states, quite clearly, if you DID find a hispanic girl attractive you WOULD date her.  You're not refusing to date her because she's hispanic.  You are refusing to date her because she's unattractive to you.  You just use hispanic as a generalization to make conversation easier.

Follow?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Katia's Lover

• AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
interracial dating
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2005, 08:01:00 am »
I don't see a girl and immediatly classify her as "blonde."

I do.  Bigotry rules.  :dances:

Now.  If you want to say "I don't find hispanic girls attractive, therefore I don't date hispanic girls."  This is actually a different statement.  Because it states, quite clearly, if you DID find a hispanic girl attractive you WOULD date her.  You're not refusing to date her because she's hispanic.  You are refusing to date her because she's unattractive to you.  You just use hispanic as a generalization to make conversation easier.

But wait.  That's what I said about black girls.  Actually, it's pretty rare that I'm attracted to any girl that's not white.  

You mean I'm not a bigot?  Damn.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
interracial dating
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2005, 08:06:56 am »
Quote from: "Katia's Lover"
But wait.  That's what I said about black girls.  Actually, it's pretty rare that I'm attracted to any girl that's not white.  

You mean I'm not a bigot?  Damn.

Well.  You might still be a bigot.  But not based on this statement.

You might be a bigot in that you don't find black girls attractive BECAUSE you think your own ethnic group is somehow supperior.  Which could make you a bigot.

Or black girls just might not fit your tastes.  Which would just mean you have specific tastes.

Personally, I find women a woman can be attractive no matter WHAT race or ethnic group she is from.  Attractive is attractive.

Beyonce is hot.  Lucy Liu is hot.  Roselyn Sanchez is hot.  Tyra Banks is hot.  Kristen Kruek is hot.  etc etc etc.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Katia's Lover

• AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
interracial dating
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2005, 08:14:32 am »
Guess I'm not a bigot after all.   :?  :(  Damn.  I wanted to fit a profile.

It's not that I NEVER find a non-caucasian hot.  It's that I RARELY do.  Beyonce is indeed hot.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
interracial dating
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2005, 10:38:38 am »
Frankly, I hate the mormon faith and anyone who willingly follows it.  This is a justified bigotry.  I am prejuding Mormons based on something they CHOOSE to believe that I personally find repulsive.

Out of interest. What's the justification (if any) beyond mormonism being their deliberate choice and you finding it repulsive? Just curious.

-Kev

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
interracial dating
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2005, 11:07:42 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Frankly, I hate the mormon faith and anyone who willingly follows it.  This is a justified bigotry.  I am prejuding Mormons based on something they CHOOSE to believe that I personally find repulsive.

Out of interest. What's the justification (if any) beyond mormonism being their deliberate choice and you finding it repulsive? Just curious.

-Kev

One of the tennants of the Mormon faith is that women and non-whites cannot obtain the grace of heaven at the SAME level as white men.

Until the late 80's it was also a rule that black men could not be priests.

Mormon's also believe that if a non-mormon and a mormon marry then the family of the non-mormon are not allowed at the ceremony.  They also do not recognize marriage cerimonies not performed in the mormon church as valid in the eyes of God (ie. when you die they end.. which in their mind makes them inferior) and they believe a mormon should seek to convert a non-mormon spouse constantly.

Basically, they are an elitist church with heavy racist and sexist history that they refuse to denounce.

Not to mention their political side.  Oh, conveniently, when Utah wants to become a state and the Mormon practice of polygamy is getting in the way... SUDDENLY the mormon phrophet (which they believe prophets are still around) has a vision saying "Polygamy is wrong now."  Wow.  Convenient.

:rolleyes:

Edit: Yeah, in other words.... I dislike anyone who believes the above things.  Since I know Mormons believe the above things, I therefore dislike them.

---Andrew

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
interracial dating
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2005, 11:26:18 am »
There's beauty in all colors, there's ugly in all colors. haha

There's absolutly nothing wrong with mixing. I've done it myself, she was very sweet and beautiful, no reason not to.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
interracial dating
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2005, 11:35:12 am »
Eff you all!  I'm leaving this discussion. :x
Dustin

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
interracial dating
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2005, 11:39:45 am »
Jenn- yeah, I'll date who I want. I think if I actually did get a bf of a different race my dad wouldn't be thrilled, but if I was happy he'd learn to accept it.

As a whole I'm normally attracted to black and white guys. But I do find guys of other races attractive too, just as I don't find all guys who are black and white attractive.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
interracial dating
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2005, 01:29:27 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Eff you all!  I'm leaving this discussion. :x

*flips the bigot the bird*

---Andrew

keith

• AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
interracial dating
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2005, 03:09:51 pm »
Beyonce is hot.
Hell no, you couldn't use a better example?

And I choose not to date white girls, does that make me a bigot? Why don't I mess around with white girls? After marrying one, look at what happened to OJ Simpson...

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
interracial dating
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2005, 05:56:10 pm »
Quote from: "keith"
Beyonce is hot.
Hell no, you couldn't use a better example?

And I choose not to date white girls, does that make me a bigot? Why don't I mess around with white girls? After marrying one, look at what happened to OJ Simpson...

post of the day
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
interracial dating
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2005, 06:31:24 pm »
RE: Racism in Mormonism.

Joseph Smith taught that we were all spirit children in heaven before we were born here on Earth. Revelation makes note of a battle between Satan and God. In this battle, a third of the angels joined Satan and fought against God. According to Joseph Smith, one half of the remaining spirits fought bravely for God. They were later born white. Those who didn't fight as bravely were born as black.

Pfft... silly Mormons....
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
interracial dating
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2005, 10:29:24 pm »
Quote from: "em one twenty-five boy"
RE: Racism in Mormonism.

Joseph Smith taught that we were all spirit children in heaven before we were born here on Earth. Revelation makes note of a battle between Satan and God. In this battle, a third of the angels joined Satan and fought against God. According to Joseph Smith, one half of the remaining spirits fought bravely for God. They were later born white. Those who didn't fight as bravely were born as black.

Pfft... silly Mormons....

wow... that has to be THE stupidest thing I have ever heard. That pisses me off actually... who the hell could believe in something like that?
weird though, i have a good friend who's mormon and she is in an interracial relationship.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"