Poll

Would you like to see NESSAholics.com become the "Official" Vanessa Carlton Fan Club?

Yes!
43 (87.8%)
no
6 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: April 08, 2003, 10:47:47 pm

Author Topic: Should NESSAholics.com be the "Official" fan club?  (Read 22426 times)

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
Should NESSAholics.com be the "Official" fan club?
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2003, 02:19:34 pm »
Quote from: "katia"
your honest feedback rocks.  we wanted some overall positive and negative feedback before proceeding.

But my feedback may be too negative for you all  :P

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2003, 03:13:22 pm »
As long as it's honest
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2003, 03:33:12 pm »
Quote from: "GSUCarltonFan"
I voted no.  But if you guys wanna shoot for it, go ahead.  When things blow up between you guys and management--and they will--don't blame me.

shoot you? nah!  Thank you for being honest.

Steavis

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Steavis09@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - A+Name+Perhaps
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Steavis09@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2003, 03:39:47 pm »
I think it'd be a pretty good idea...............sure it doesn't have the numbers as the other one does from one aspect of looking at it.......how many of the amount in the group are really Vanessa fans.......I'm sure the ratio here would probably be better.......though that might also be because of the difference in numbers, no way to know unless it happened I guess
Washington is a dreadfully awful place......this I've learned

LimeTwister

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2003, 03:50:45 pm »
I voted yes, This site has tons of cool stuff, info about nessa, fan's pics, cool forum, I mean what else is there to want? (and if you suggest and its possible, sometimes they do what you want lol)

David Hart

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2003, 05:31:18 pm »
What ever happened to the fan club????

keith

• AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2003, 05:35:12 pm »
Quote from: "David Hart"
What ever happened to the fan club????

Good question, I signed up for that a long time ago.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2003, 08:48:00 am »
Wow, so much drama, LOL.

Anyway, I voted yes. The reason I voted yes is because it seems like Vanessa's management or whatnot really hasn't seemed to take the lead in creating a fan club or supporting organization for Vanessa. This is very sad, considering that she has been around for more than a year and some people who are pop listeners STILL do not know who Vanessa Carlton is. (I know this to be true, because I get that blank stare, or a "Who?" whenever I mention her to people 99% of the time).

The fact that the team here wants to take the initiative to support, promote, and get Vanessa's name out there is cool. When the management fails, it falls to the dedicated fans to get their artist's name out there, and to get them radioplay, videoplay, etc. Some bands or artists are driven by label promotion, Avril Lavigne and 50 Cent are a few I can think of offhand, and some artists such as 3 Doors Down and Evanescence were more or less driven into the forefront by fan support and their fans getting their name out in the general public.

This isn't about message boards, what website represents the fan club, or any political BS like that, it is basically about promoting Vanessa and helping her get to the superstar status that most of us feel she deserves, and I know almost all of us can agree that we'd like to do that. So if the crew here at Nessaholics.com wants to take that responsibility on and promote and try to become the official fan club, hey, I will support and do anything I can to help.

-Brian
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2003, 11:05:50 am »
*claps*

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2003, 11:37:37 am »
F-in well said Brian.

-Kev

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2003, 01:49:38 pm »
I voted yes.  I think vanessa needs an official fan club.  It would give us much more power and solidify the 'fan' relationship between her and her fans.  Plus however trivial support we might give her, is still support from people who have no financial interest and can keep her name floating around in the minds of people who have her cd in a stack of other cds and pull it out when reminded she exists from stuff in the media.  Some people would argue vanessa needs no promotion, she promotes herself.  But support from her more insane fans can none the less be useful.  Plus some of us would like to fill our time trying to promote her as a form of entertainment, however small.  Besides we might actaully kick some major booty....

:)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2003, 04:31:50 pm »
I move that the Official Fan Club be at Vanessa's apartment and we all meet there the second and fourth Monday of every month except when it falls on a New Moon, in which case we should pass it to Wednesday. :)
Dustin

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • Now Found!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bionicledwarf
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2003, 05:57:42 pm »
Just to let you all know this site hosts the worlds largest Vanessa Carlton setlist

Mike
.........the one and only!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2003, 03:23:15 pm »
i say yes, cause the other board has kinda gotten bad... i used to love it there, but now not so much!
this boards cool tho :)
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

sabasaba

Re: Should NESSAholics.com be the "Official" fan club?
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2009, 10:17:28 am »
Wow, so much drama, LOL.

Anyway, I voted yes. The reason I voted yes is because it seems like Vanessa's management or whatnot really hasn't seemed to take the lead in creating a fan club or supporting organization for Vanessa. This is very sad, considering that she has been around for more than a year and some people who are pop listeners STILL do not know who Vanessa Carlton is. (I know this to be true, because I get that blank stare, or a "Who?" whenever I mention her to people 99% of the time).

The fact that the team here wants to take the initiative to support, promote, and get Vanessa's name out there is cool. When the management fails, it falls to the dedicated fans to get their artist's name out there, and to get them radioplay, videoplay, etc. Some bands or artists are driven by label promotion, Avril Lavigne and 50 Cent are a few I can think of offhand, and some artists such as 3 Doors Down and Evanescence were more or less driven into the forefront by fan support and their fans getting their name out in the general public.

This isn't about message boards, what website represents the fan club, or any political BS like that, it is basically about promoting Vanessa and helping her get to the superstar status that most of us feel she deserves, and I know almost all of us can agree that we'd like to do that. So if the crew here at Nessaholics.com wants to take that responsibility on and promote and try to become the official fan club, hey, I will support and do anything I can to help.

-Brian

Six years later and, sadly, this is still true. I completely agree with you! We are very dedicated - we deserve to be official!  :(