Author Topic: 07/30/08: Irving Plaza NYC (review)  (Read 22749 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
07/30/08: Irving Plaza NYC (review)
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2008, 09:45:09 pm »
Quote from: "charmed23"

and what's up with the hate-love with O-Boards? what happened?

Going off topic here for a second but from what I read, they think Nh.com is one big old (in age) clique and that new people can't come here without being bitched out or made fun of. But they all do agree that Nh.com is the #1 source for all things V since day 1. Which is true and well, V even said she comes here to find out what she's been up to.

Back on topic,

Anyone have any luck with videos or pictures from the show?

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2008, 01:12:01 pm »
Wow this is getting pretty heated!
I agree Let the F'you's are uncalled for.  Everyone is entitled to their review but we as fans also are entitled to defend Vanessa as well.  Poor V, looks like some of these shows are not going her way.  I feel bad for I could not attend the Nashville (my local) show to give her my support.  I am sure she can use all the support she can get right now.  I appreciate the people that are always supporting her on a continual basis and letting her know we care.  
Vanessa has such tremendous talent but she is cursed with constant bad marketing and the much needed support of her label.  What a waste of talent in my opinion.....

Danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

fairytales

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
oh god
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2008, 07:42:43 pm »
WOW. charmed how old are you? seemed like you carry the whole world on your back just cuz vanessa doesnt msg her fans or watever. relax man! i know it SUCKS! but you have to realize that she has her own life and who knows if she has a problem or what she's having through right now.

She's been an AMAZING!!!! artist for a longgg long time and i think she has the right to failed or messed up at some point. she's only human, give her a fucking break.

Not to mention, but that's the thing i like about her... atleast she's not fake...atleast she's not trying to be somebody she's not... she's not a doll "perfect"... not trying to conform...or act like nothing's wrong...

ok we get it and of course she damn get it - she screwed some shows or whatnot from what i've heard. but i think she heard enough from a non-fan, hurtful things like - she sucks, she's horrible, and lots of bitchy things... so perhaps, its our job, as her fans (nessaholics!!!!),to LOWER the harsh tones, SUPPORT her (NOT TO PUSH HER AWAY) no matter what and still try to give her the heads up that we're here all the way CARING forever...even if it wasn't her best nights.

maybe if that happens she'd message us again.

we dont want to lose vanessa right?
as for me, i really dont...  even a hanson fan doesnt.
--Funny how the things you need will find you
The things you want will leave you wanting some more
Everything that comes along reminds you
You can either rise above or you can hit the floor--

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2008, 01:58:01 am »
@fairytales: remind you that my problem in this thread was the attack towards whitehouses, not Vanessa.

I hope the part from "she's been an.." to the end in your post is not direct to me because it is completely off-topic to what I was saying.
and btw, Im 17. (going to celebrate my birthday in the US for the 1st time ^^)

@superscientific:
cursed with constant bad marketing

haha, I love that though kinda disagree

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2008, 07:10:27 am »
shes already spoken about having an indie mind-set and plan possibly for her next "project"...it's going to take a lot more personal work on V's part if she wants her next album to be more or equally successful as H&T.   In the indie world H&T wouldn't be considered a flop....even too me, with the way the record industry has been going down and closing doors I still wouldn't consider it a major flop either.  100,000 copies isn't that bad especially for an 'artist' who is selling music not an image or sex.

A simple Myspace update, blogs and news would help Vanessa so much.  Myspace has carried indie bands(NO LABEL) to sell nearly 10,000 copies in the opening week...on myspace promotion ALONE..no tv, no radio, no media coverage..just a band with a dream...so if V is planning on going Indie shes going to have to step it up a little bit.  IMO.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 07:36:04 am »
Quote from: "nutnlp"
shes already spoken about having an indie mind-set and plan possibly for her next "project"...it's going to take a lot more personal work on V's part if she wants her next album to be more or equally successful as H&T.   In the indie world H&T wouldn't be considered a flop....even too me, with the way the record industry has been going down and closing doors I still wouldn't consider it a major flop either.  100,000 copies isn't that bad especially for an 'artist' who is selling music not an image or sex.

A simple Myspace update, blogs and news would help Vanessa so much.  Myspace has carried indie bands(NO LABEL) to sell nearly 10,000 copies in the opening week...on myspace promotion ALONE..no tv, no radio, no media coverage..just a band with a dream...so if V is planning on going Indie shes going to have to step it up a little bit.  IMO.

IN her recored deal with murder ink, do you think they gave her more than one CD? If thats the case I think she might stick there untill shes produced enough CDs with them.

fairytales

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2008, 08:25:17 am »
lol charmed u did attack vanessa...saying "she's fucking bad" or it annoys you that "we dont accept the fact and admire vanessa as a GOD" or watever u just said...
--so dont tell me your ONLY prob was the bash about whitehouses.--

im CONSTANtLY lurking in this forum..so i might always read your posts.. and i know how bad you feel about V.. That's why i ask your age. cuz whatever age you're in right now..or 17 right? you still need to grow up and think mature because you're idolizing...hello VANESSA!! she drinks, she curse or whatnot take drugs..ok, she's not pg13 in her shows...you get the PICTURE...point is she doesnt look like a good idol for you.. but we love her for who she is.. cuz like what i said..she's the REAL deal. That's why i'm still her devoted fan no matter what...

just patiently waiting for her post to tell us what's up... if she will, GREAT! if she wont.. don't act like a kid.

and ok the last part in my last post was probably for whitehouses... but it's also for the people who agree with her/him. so probably it's also for YOU charmed.

let's not overthink this.
--Funny how the things you need will find you
The things you want will leave you wanting some more
Everything that comes along reminds you
You can either rise above or you can hit the floor--

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2008, 08:30:36 am »
Most likely worked an album-to-album deal, since shes already expressed the idea and possiblility of going indie....which means if Universal/The Inc. are willing to fund a new album it would leave it all up to V weather she wants to break away from the imprint or not.  I'm pretty happy with the way The Inc has handled the album for the most part, she did get two music videos, which was nice, did late night TV spots...all the right things were there....but I think royalty should have been speant on maybe some more TV spots(with better timing).   Cool that she has the new Khol's ad but its just off timing with the album being released in late 2007, got burried and shadowed like most late releases do with all the 'fresh' 2008 stuff.  I really think shes going to dissapear for a while, do those film scores and work on a masterpiece and self release it and self fund it.  It's not hard to run your own record label, pick a good distribution company and go with it from their...they handle a lot of the 'hard' stuff.

Vanessa if you read this(haha long shot) check out RED EYE DISTRIBUTION!

xo

ps: I wish there was a vinyl release of the album.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2008, 02:32:52 pm »
Quote from: "fish_for__stars"
i think this is why the new official boards hate us. heh.

hahahahahaahahah possibly. haha
Peace
Adriann

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2008, 07:47:27 pm »
Quote from: "fairytales"
lol charmed u did attack vanessa...saying "she's fucking bad" or it annoys you that "we dont accept the fact and admire vanessa as a GOD" or watever u just said...
--so dont tell me your ONLY prob was the bash about whitehouses.--

im CONSTANtLY lurking in this forum..so i might always read your posts.. and i know how bad you feel about V.. That's why i ask your age. cuz whatever age you're in right now..or 17 right? you still need to grow up and think mature because you're idolizing...hello VANESSA!! she drinks, she curse or whatnot take drugs..ok, she's not pg13 in her shows...you get the PICTURE...point is she doesnt look like a good idol for you.. but we love her for who she is.. cuz like what i said..she's the REAL deal. That's why i'm still her devoted fan no matter what...

just patiently waiting for her post to tell us what's up... if she will, GREAT! if she wont.. don't act like a kid.

and ok the last part in my last post was probably for whitehouses... but it's also for the people who agree with her/him. so probably it's also for YOU charmed.

let's not overthink this.

lol, yea, vanessa is SOMETIMES fking (gonna stop swearing :D) bad but Did I have problem with that? HELL NO fairytales.

actually Im having a peaceful arguement with you (no harsh feeling in previous post, really ) but when I read ur saying "I did attack Vanessa", I was kinda frustrated. I AM STATING A FACT, omg, please don't tell me that you have never find a bad perf. from Vanessa. and AGAIN, I dont have a problem with her bad perfo. (I swear to GOd). My only frustration and sadness is the lacking of updating fans from Vanessa. and THAT is not my point in this thread ('cause I already had a thread in the General section) .
SO my ONLY prob is the bashing whitehouses. I tell you that, again.
And since you are lurking and might always read my posts, you might realize that I have n-e-v-e-r e-v-e-r post a complaint about Vanessa drinking, cursing or taking drugs.
omg, you have to mistake me with someone else
she doesn't look like a good idol for you
and
you're idolizing Vanessa
=> Give me proofs that I said something implying that  :?
The more I read, the more I realize you thought me was someone else.
we love her for who she is... she's the real deal
:x, what the heck!! When did I make a post saying I don't love who she is and she is fake!!!????  
You made my day by saying that, fairytales, lmfao!

anyway, what is pg13? dont get that.

edit: I think now I am done with the updating fans with messages. Im done with waiting. Now I just don't care whether Vanessa post or not. If she does, Im happy. If she doesn't, dont care anymore.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2008, 02:51:40 pm »
You guys are funny.

1) I think Vanessa gets bronchitis a lot and I don't think the fact that her singing has become so harsh like she is trying to yell out the note as on key and stacatto as possible helps her voice.
2) I think she sings from her throat a lot, sounds like it anyway.
3) She really doesn't have the best voice to begin with, but most people that like her music like the songs she writes and the melody even more than her voice, so who cares.

She isn't a SINGER, she is a singer/songwriter and I would say more of a songwriter. I do like her voice though, I think it is cute in most cases.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2008, 09:37:04 am »
i like her voice too! it might not be technically magnificent but it's pretty. :] and anyway, i finally have some audio from irving plaza!

hands on me: http://www.mediafire.com/?v8admx2ityg

who's to say: http://www.mediafire.com/?5u3jlagoe8g
formerly fish_for__stars.

maag

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2008, 01:31:43 pm »
Quote from: "fish_for__stars"
i like her voice too! it might not be technically magnificent but it's pretty. :] and anyway, i finally have some audio from irving plaza!

hands on me: http://www.mediafire.com/?v8admx2ityg

who's to say: http://www.mediafire.com/?5u3jlagoe8g

It sounds fucking great! Please, tell me you have more.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2008, 04:29:15 pm »
what did you use to captuer or record this rather? its like awesome!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2008, 05:17:32 pm »
Quote from: "maag"
It sounds fucking great! Please, tell me you have more.

i have "a thousand miles" and "heroes & thieves"? i figured you guys were all terribly bored by "a thousand miles" by now (but it's cute how everyone was singing along).

as for "heroes & thieves", honestly - vanessa's voice is really disappearing on this one. but you can hear nicole shouting "play the one", lol. and if that really was you, nicole, then i was quite close to you. :]

so if you guys want, i'll upload those too!

Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
what did you use to captuer or record this rather? its like awesome!

my digital camera, which is a canon powershot sd870 IS.

the video was being incredibly difficult, so i just ripped the audio to share with you guys. :)
formerly fish_for__stars.