Author Topic: Vanessa announces she is a proud bisexual  (Read 24838 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa announces she is a proud bisexual
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 08:56:40 am »
I do feel like I am reading a lot about artists and actors coming out for attention but in this case I just don't believe it. Ever since she came out they tried to separate her from Michelle Branch and tried to portray her as the "good girl" artist type that I feel she's been trying hard to break away from. This will show people that she the person that record label corporate types have tried to make her out to be. I still think she's trying to separate her image but not clawing her way back to the top, she just has no interest in being at the top or in the public eye for as long as she's been out there performing. I've always loved that she was outspoken and honest, always the two. She may always feel like, "oops! maybe I should not have said that." but she stands by what she says as truth (bad moment, but true). She's always been a low key person, likes intimate crowds, and wants to get her music out there to the fans that have stood by her for so long. The media will say what they will but they haven't tracked her since Be not Nobody like we have, this isn't for publicity because Vanessa Carlton is not another Heidi Montag nutcase saying and doing anything to constantly be in front of the camera. She's talented and honest, so they can shove it as being a lie.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 09:52:11 am »
They are actually putting her on the same category as Tila Tequila and Kesha. >:(

Being a bisexual female isn't very controversial anymore, UNLESS you are in the gay community, them people will call you a liar and accuse you of having other motives to coming out than just being honest and open.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 10:01:51 am »
I doubt Vanessa gives a shit so neither should we.

Let the idiots believe what they want.

The fact is, Vanessa has no reason to lie about her sexuality. WTF? Coming out as bi is gonna give her a hit? Please.

The difference between Vanessa & that Kesha girl is that Vanessa told a crowd of people she was bi @ GAY pride. Kesha probably told the papers herself and Katy Perry made a song about it to cause controversy & score a hit.

Those girls are mainstream artists who NEED to sell. Vanessa isn't & doesn't.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 11:17:45 am »
i cant believe what the people on entertainment weekly are saying about her...shit, do some research first?

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 02:27:50 pm »
"I don't feel famous, I feel like I have some famous songs. Some people live for being famous, that's the point of thier job, I don't. I've always gotten enough validation from my family and friends where I don't feel like I need to seek it out."

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 05:59:28 pm »
Yeah that's what I love about Vanessa, she doesn't need to prove anything or get attention, I think she's great long as her friends, family and fans are along her side. I don't really like it when people are so attention starving, I like it when you're yourself.

Rick

• building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 11:27:32 pm »
I'm really disliking what everyone said about her on Perez Hilton.

"It's sad for other gays (im not gay or bi) that celebs have to say crap like that when its probably not true solely for attention."

"and she needs to sell some records that's the reason why she came out as a "half lesbian"… lol.
nowadays pretty much everyone is bisexual… how funny."

And I'm guessing all the assholes posting stuff like that on Perez's site don't give a crap about good music, or musicianship. It gets me extremely upset.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 04:52:14 am »
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Sadly, those who think that V did her announcement just for publicity is narrow-minded. I mean, can't they explore the idea that V doesn't really care about getting million times famous than she is now?   :-\ Just a thought. 

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2010, 06:07:21 am »
 ::) at people putting her in a category as other people that is craving attention and what not*.

Ah well. We know the truth so that is all we should care about :D

Lord Star

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - solarianni
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2010, 07:08:43 am »
Plus it's her music that counts. It'll never change, it will always have artistry in it.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2010, 07:15:30 am »
Yes.

V is an artist, not a celebrity. Therefore, she's all about talent, not fame.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2010, 08:51:19 am »
I can't believe people are saying that she is craving attention.  Sure, it's a cliche to say "I'm Bi!  Look At Me, Y'all!", but VC has never done a straight-up publicity stunt like that.  I believe she has more respect for the gay/bi community than to use them as a promotional tool.  Doesn't make sense!

I'd love it if our girl ACTUALLY DID crave more attention.  In fact, I feel as if she tries to stay obscure.

Here's hoping she didn't sign her life away to UMG.

Dan/NS

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 11:05:17 am »
"I don't feel famous, I feel like I have some famous songs. Some people live for being famous, that's the point of thier job, I don't. I've always gotten enough validation from my family and friends where I don't feel like I need to seek it out."
that is my favorite quote from her...words to live by!

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2010, 04:48:34 pm »
Let me preface my comment by saying I will always love Vanessa as a personal figure and as a musician, but I don't understand why all of you are dismissing the idea that she did do it for attention.  You speculate that, because her album is not yet released, this could not be a publicity stunt, for lack of a better word.  This was her first public appearance in months, and this would clearly garner attention and would likely snowball until the release of her album; even once the word dies down, when the album release date approaches, media will remind us about her "coming out," and people will begin to talk about her again. 

I do not have any problem with homosexuals or bisexuals or anything of the sort; I believe I am one of the most open-minded people I know, but it is my opinion that her declaration, as well as those of other celebrities, are unnecessary.  I believe that bisexuality is largely a fad, and that by announcing it in such a fashion as one's sexual orientation is most likely a cry for attention.  Bisexuality is controversial, arguably more so than full-out homosexuality, and that's because the validity of it in itself is questionable.  In my opinion, bisexuality is not a legitimate sexual orientation; it is a half-measure for those too afraid to accept themselves as completely homosexual or a way for females to get attention. 

Pansexuality, on the other hand, seems legitimate and could easily be misinterpreted as bisexuality, and I would be more likely to believe that Vanessa is pansexual rather than bisexual.  Pansexuality is defined as being attracted to a person regardless of their sex.  I once read an article, years ago, where a woman declared that she was hesitant to call herself a lesbian because the woman who became her life partner was the first woman she had been in love with, and said "I don't love her because she's a woman, I would love her if she were a purple alien," and I think that demonstrates the concept of pansexuality very well.

ANYWAY, I was surprised when I read that Vanessa "came out" as bisexual, but only because that seems like such a media attention-grabbing move and I have always believed her to be disinterested in fame and attention.  And again, I am in no way calling Vanessa wrong, nor am I saying bisexuality is wrong, or anything like that.  I simply believe that her announcement seemed a bit unnecessary. 

VC love forever :) 
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2010, 06:24:22 pm »
I do believe that V can sometimes get caught up in the moment and say something to be a 'crowd pleaser' as she was playing a Gay pride festival..but I honestly believe she didn't say anything for attention...her shows have totally gone under the radar the last couple years and it's not like she had an album/single coming out that week or anything? I strongly do not believe this was any kind of publicity stunt.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!