Author Topic: Dear California, Fairweather Friend and IDWTBAB now playing at Starbucks  (Read 52303 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fairweather Friend and IDWTBAB now playing at Starbucks
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2011, 10:18:07 am »
lol! If i sat with a recording device at my job, I'd be fired.  Hell, I can't even have a drink at the nurses station! hahahaha!  I did stake out starbucks today for a few hours when I needed to fill my time and stay awake.  I even went over to the VOA first to buy a book to read!  No luck, they were playing the jazz and I felt weird asking them to switch it and I couldn't remember which stations you said they were on anyway.  Maybe next time.
~Sara~

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2011, 01:18:40 pm »
This sounds like a great way to promote the album, even get a little buzz going, if you'll pardon the pun!

Dan/NS

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 02:22:56 pm »
I am glad she is getting exposure. BUT I am pissed, I have been waiting YEARS... WE have been waiting years. You would think this would have been AT LEAST tweeted. I mean.... This is pretty cruel.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:42:22 pm by _all_is_well_ »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 04:00:19 pm »
yeah. we loyal fans still can't hear it, but people buying coffee are listening to it... AND THEY DON'T EVEN CARE! that's ok, they wanted people to hear it. but it would be good if we could hear it too.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:13:48 pm by Fred_Saboya »

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2011, 04:11:38 pm »
Aw, I just left a job that was within a block walk of Starbucks! In the winter I'd walk there for lunch just to get out of the office.  :-\

That's pretty cool though that the songs are getting play. We'll have them soon enough. Patience. :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 04:26:37 pm »
I can't believe we have people who have heard the songs multiple times and still have NOTHING recorded. I'm pretty ashamed of our fanbase right now.

Excuse me? I hope you know I have heard the songs at WORK where I WORK and have no free time. If you like to send me a recording device and explain how to hook it up to the system I'd be glad to post the recordings. Christ.

someone pleeese explain him how to do it? we really wanna hear it guys.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2011, 07:34:07 pm »
I can't believe we have people who have heard the songs multiple times and still have NOTHING recorded. I'm pretty ashamed of our fanbase right now.

Excuse me? I hope you know I have heard the songs at WORK where I WORK and have no free time. If you like to send me a recording device and explain how to hook it up to the system I'd be glad to post the recordings. Christ.

someone pleeese explain him how to do it? we really wanna hear it guys.

lol! If i sat with a recording device at my job, I'd be fired.  Hell, I can't even have a drink at the nurses station! hahahaha!  I did stake out starbucks today for a few hours when I needed to fill my time and stay awake.  I even went over to the VOA first to buy a book to read!  No luck, they were playing the jazz and I felt weird asking them to switch it and I couldn't remember which stations you said they were on anyway.  Maybe next time.

You know, everything happens for a reason.

Maybe it seems unfair for us that non-V fans get to listen to some of her songs earlier than we do. I also understand that we've been waiting for a long time now. But can't we wait for just a little more? We're so close now that we're shaking.

Don't give up just yet. And I'm sure that if Lavender Skies just had a recording device and was allowed to record the songs for us, the person will do it, you know? I don't think that she will keep the songs from us.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2011, 03:36:58 am »
Aw, I just left a job that was within a block walk of Starbucks! In the winter I'd walk there for lunch just to get out of the office.  :-\

That's pretty cool though that the songs are getting play. We'll have them soon enough. Patience. :)
Agreed.

And calm down guys, thanks heaps to Lavender Skies for sharing the news - it's great to know more!! The recording can wait. The thing I love about us Nessaholics is that we share as much information as we can get on V to our best abilities :)

And at least you guys have Starbucks - almost all the ones in Australia have shut, and I'm fairly sure the ones that are open wouldn't be playing/selling V's stuff xD

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2011, 11:40:01 am »
nothing yet? :(

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2011, 10:23:14 pm »
My friend works at a Starbucks here in Nor Cal. I'm sure if it's played at hers she'd let me know. She's heard IDWTBAB and loves it. I'll ask her just in case as I've been away for about a week.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2011, 06:56:46 am »
Maybe in a little while there will be some new nessaholic and when we ask them how they became interested in V, they'll say "I heard her at Starbucks." haha

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2011, 11:10:31 am »
Again, if anyone has any idea how to record the music, I will. Just let me know.

Also, am I even allowed to post it here? Like these are the album versions of the songs. When Carousel came out earlier in different countries everyone threw a fit when we asked if they could post a download link because the song needed to be bought. Obviously we are all going to buy the music but how is posting the album versions of the song different than posting Carousel earlier before it was released in other countries? Again, I'd be glad to do it but I don't want to get in trouble because these songs do need to be bought.

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2011, 11:16:28 am »
Again, if anyone has any idea how to record the music, I will. Just let me know.

Also, am I even allowed to post it here? Like these are the album versions of the songs. When Carousel came out earlier in different countries everyone threw a fit when we asked if they could post a download link because the song needed to be bought. Obviously we are all going to buy the music but how is posting the album versions of the song different than posting Carousel earlier before it was released in other countries? Again, I'd be glad to do it but I don't want to get in trouble because these songs do need to be bought.

These stations stream to all Starbucks shops, right?

I'm not sure, but I think they'll have a radio url that's common to all of them, that you should be able to take and use on any computer. That's what I would look for first, because it's free and pretty easy to get normally.

Other than that, I would suggest getting a voice recorder (they're not normally expensive), some earplugs, and blasting the music after closing. That's a desperate move though. xD

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2011, 11:18:00 am »
Awesome! Thank you, I will try that tomorrow when I go in.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2011, 11:23:58 am »
Maybe in a little while there will be some new nessaholic and when we ask them how they became interested in V, they'll say "I heard her at Starbucks." haha

ahh! that would be funny. But nice in a way because if someone hears a song once and becomes hooked...well that's just the power of V.
~Sara~