Author Topic: Dear California, Fairweather Friend and IDWTBAB now playing at Starbucks  (Read 52020 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm annoyed :/  another song?  I just have to keep in mind it's good exposure, but still!
~Sara~

sabasaba

I'm so jealous of the people who got to hear Vanessa's new tracks at Starbucks! 'Dear California' sounds like a really good song. I loved the few lyrics that were posted; can't wait to hear the whole thing! I don't think anyone should go out of their way to try and record the songs at Starbucks. There's only a month left until the album comes out, and time is flying by, so there's no harm in waiting just a little bit longer. I think the anticipation of the actual release date makes it all the more worthwhile. :)

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
If her people have okayed the songs to be played in a popular public place, I don't see the resistance to people recording and uploading the songs tbh. There's no reason why the fans shouldn't get to hear these songs right now if they choose to.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
If her people have okayed the songs to be played in a popular public place, I don't see the resistance to people recording and uploading the songs tbh. There's no reason why the fans shouldn't get to hear these songs right now if they choose to.

But you see, this is what annoys me...we CAN'T hear them unless we sit at starbucks every day all day or work there!  I am neither for or against recording, I'm just annoyed that the songs are out there after all this time waiting and counting down the days, and more waiting.  The people wouldn't even let us post a track list but now the actual songs are out there being played and not accessible to those who have waited years??  Just annoyed, that's all.  It doesn't make sense to alienate the fans like this.
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
I think it would be a good idea if they just released those songs on iTunes now. That way the fans can get to hear them and anyone who happens to walk in Starbucks, likes one of the songs & wants to listen to it at home can buy it. Best of both worlds. :)

I'm not particiularly fussed either way though, to be honest. But I see Sara's point.

Right now we've got just over four weeks left to wait for this next masterpiece.

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile

But you see, this is what annoys me...we CAN'T hear them unless we sit at starbucks every day all day or work there!  I am neither for or against recording, I'm just annoyed that the songs are out there after all this time waiting and counting down the days, and more waiting.  The people wouldn't even let us post a track list but now the actual songs are out there being played and not accessible to those who have waited years??  Just annoyed, that's all.  It doesn't make sense to alienate the fans like this.

I completely agree. This is really messed up on her team's part.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
if the trade-off for being played in a really popular place and eventually having the album sold there is a few tracks that are temporarily exclusive to starbucks, then so be it.

i mean. really.

far better than counting the times we've heard the BNN singles at the mall.
formerly fish_for__stars.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
You guys, her music's playing at Starbucks. Be happy for her.
Joe

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile

But you see, this is what annoys me...we CAN'T hear them unless we sit at starbucks every day all day or work there!  I am neither for or against recording, I'm just annoyed that the songs are out there after all this time waiting and counting down the days, and more waiting.  The people wouldn't even let us post a track list but now the actual songs are out there being played and not accessible to those who have waited years??  Just annoyed, that's all.  It doesn't make sense to alienate the fans like this.

EXACTLY!

*and here i go again, google.com, "vanessa carlton starbucks"*
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:36:39 am by Fred_Saboya »

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Right now, Starbucks's website is in full Lady Gaga promotional mode.  Like Lady Gaga needs more promotion?? She's a great self-promoter on her own. Don't get me wrong, I am not "hating on" Lady Gaga. I respect her as an entertainer, but I don't see why she needs to be promoted by Starbucks. Her management team must have gotten a sweet deal to use her to promote starbucks or something.

I always saw Starbucks as promoting lesser known artists, or new stuff by known artists that had been out of the limelight.. Hopefully the times Starbucks does play VC's music, they help people identify her as the artist. It is a coffee shop after all not a dance club!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 12:11:47 pm by VaderDawsn »
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
You guys, her music's playing at Starbucks. Be happy for her.

I am happy for her.  I'm sure she didn't make the decision to give the music to Starbucks.  My argument is that they should only have what we have -- released songs.  I may be acting like a child about this, but...it's not fair! ((((((((throws self down on ground commencing an epic kicking and screaming fit)))))))

;D
~Sara~

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
V never said 'yay! I sold my songs exclusively to Starbucks so go waste your time and sit at Starbucks for hours on end to get a first listen!'. the label and V probably got a really good offer and rolled with it.  Big deal!  The albums a month away and soon everyone will have access too it.  I really don't see the big deal?  We wouldn't even know about this if it wernt for a Nessaholic.  I say Go V if it got her some $$$$!!!
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
My friend who works at Starbucks just informed me, that they will most likely have a whole day for V, when her album drops. Super rad!
Peace
Adriann

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
My friend who works at Starbucks just informed me, that they will most likely have a whole day for V, when her album drops. Super rad!

If they do this, that would be great exposure for VC!  I really hope they do this for her album.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
They're doing it for Lady Gaga's new album today! All day long it'll be on repeat, so it would be GREAT exposure. Cities and towns everywhere would hear her new music. As it should be.
Peace
Adriann