Author Topic: New Album- Euphoria?!  (Read 222914 times)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: New Album- Euphoria?!
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2013, 02:14:05 pm »
When those pictures came out of Vanessa's chalkboard and there was a symbol written on it in the shape of a T.  I wondered what it was.  I had forgotten all about it until I was in barnes and noble and came across a book of symbols.  It reminded me of the symbol on her blackboard so I picked it up, flipped to a page and there it was!  The very first page I looked at.  I'm pretty sure it's the Tau cross and I found some info.  Here is one place:
http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/antau.html and wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Tau
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with her album it just might be the letter "T" who knows!  But my guess is that it means something to her and it might be related to the album.  Just thought I'd share  ;D

nice discovery!

thank you for sharin

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2013, 10:46:12 am »
Per Vanessa's twitter, she has a new booking agent, The Agency Group. On this page it says her fifth album will be out early 2014:

http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist.aspx?ArtistID=7917

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2013, 06:33:33 pm »
When those pictures came out of Vanessa's chalkboard and there was a symbol written on it in the shape of a T.  I wondered what it was.  I had forgotten all about it until I was in barnes and noble and came across a book of symbols.  It reminded me of the symbol on her blackboard so I picked it up, flipped to a page and there it was!  The very first page I looked at.  I'm pretty sure it's the Tau cross and I found some info.  Here is one place:
http://www.seiyaku.com/customs/crosses/antau.html and wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Tau
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with her album it just might be the letter "T" who knows!  But my guess is that it means something to her and it might be related to the album.  Just thought I'd share  ;D

nice discovery!

thank you for sharin

I was back in barnes and noble the other day and looked at the book again (I reallly want to buy it but wtf would I use it for?  I'm a book whore) any who, I actually read what it said and it said that people who the symbol is associated with all had a resurrection, so that it symbolized that, new life, rejuvenation and those kinds of things.  I thought that it fits very well into what Vanessa seems to be about with this album.  she's trying somethings new after having breathed new life into herself with the writing of rabbits.  i feel the overall theme for the album will include exploring new avenues within yourself and with the world with eyes that are opened anew.
~Sara~

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2013, 09:17:26 am »
Per Vanessa's twitter, she has a new booking agent, The Agency Group. On this page it says her fifth album will be out early 2014:

http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist.aspx?ArtistID=7917

nice discovery! thanks for sharing  ;D

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2013, 11:31:37 am »
Vanessa appears to be no longer signed to Razor and Tie:

@Fool_4_Music: Anxiously awaiting new @VanessaCarlton tunes. Hey, Vanessa...are you still signed to Razor & Tie?

@VanessaCarlton: @Fool_4_Music thanks! Nope xo

I wonder if this is to do with the change in the music genre of her upcoming album? She never seems to stay with one record company, but I thought that she might with R&T, because they seem more niche and suited to her as a less commercial artist...just thought I'd share with you guys.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2013, 05:14:42 pm »
Yeah it is weird. Like it seems like her record labels all seem really supportive at first, but then once her albums do poorly they want her to either change or move on.

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2013, 05:16:23 pm »
And this is the marketing/advertising major in me but she has had shit promotion since White Houses. Like the worst. With the rise of pseudo-folk music being popular right now (lumineers, mumford and sons, etc.) there is a space for her on the radio. It's the label's job to get her out there. I know she doesn't care about fame and blah blah blah but she has always said she wants her music to reach people. She can't do it all on her own.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2013, 06:32:51 am »
I'd have been more surprised if she was still signed to them. The sales were poor and the project was handled all wrong (sound familiar?).

It'll be interesting to see how this new record is released & promoted.

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2013, 08:18:26 am »
Huh I thought she would have stayed with Razor&Tie? Hm. Maybe you're right that she did it go in a diff. direction with her new album that's she's working on :)

Hehehe...when I hear of White Houses, I can't help to remember that on MTV or whatever, when the video premiered, it said White HORSES instead of Houses :) Still makes me smile. Ironic since Vanessa loves horses (I think she does?)

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2013, 06:41:12 pm »
I am so excited about this album. I am so curious to see what direction her music will go in this time. I have an idea of what it may be, but she always changes it up.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2013, 07:19:38 am »
via twitter she says she will be back in the studio with steve osborne june 15
~Sara~

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2013, 10:07:53 pm »
Wow. I haven't been on here in forever! So much has happened. I'm excited she's back in the studio. (:
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2013, 05:32:50 pm »
Do we know if the album is being recorded to tape yet? I would much prefer it not to be :-\

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2013, 11:16:35 am »
@VanessaCarlton
A week an change in w S.Osborne. Ill leave in 3 weeks w 8 songs cooked or cookin good. Return b4 Xmas to finish all. Tis a ten tune album :)

Such a long gap before finishing! Impatient to wail til next year  ;D

williansouza908

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2013, 02:07:39 pm »
I hope very 7 swords take it easy and patience in this new album and other songs that I have sure it will be very beautiful