Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 58093 times)

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #270 on: May 05, 2004, 03:51:43 am »
bleh, i'm definitely rooting for Jasmine to go home. She just didn't sound that good last night, really flat and off pitch.

I LOVED Fantasia's songs, they were so goood!

George was ok, he's staying kind of static though so i haven't really seen him do anything different.

I thought Diana was good performance wise - she always is. As for the vocals, i'd say she was better than Jasmine but no George.

Latoya was really good as well! I think it's going to be a tough competiton between her and (as Simon would say it) Fahnayzseeeuh.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #271 on: May 05, 2004, 06:42:50 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
I don't think it was right for Simon and Randy to say what they said in the end, (about who'd be in the final two).  They have their choices, but they should keep it to themselves for the time being.  I think it made the other contestants feel like crap.

but come on... that wasnt even in the top 1000 of the meanest things they have said. It wasn't mean and I think the other contestants know it anyways... they've got to be watching the show, looking at LaToya's and Fantasias performances and know they're always good and never get a bad comment on their performance.
and this job isnt about the judges keeping things to themselves, incase you havent noticed. haha
but sometimes Simon does go overboard... like comparing Amy to Jay Leno, John to that comedian, and Fantasia to a cartoon character. those comments are mean and do no good whatsoever
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #272 on: May 05, 2004, 08:54:11 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
Quote from: "BWilli"
I don't think it was right for Simon and Randy to say what they said in the end, (about who'd be in the final two).  They have their choices, but they should keep it to themselves for the time being.  I think it made the other contestants feel like crap.

but come on... that wasnt even in the top 1000 of the meanest things they have said. It wasn't mean and I think the other contestants know it anyways... they've got to be watching the show, looking at LaToya's and Fantasias performances and know they're always good and never get a bad comment on their performance.
and this job isnt about the judges keeping things to themselves, incase you havent noticed. haha
but sometimes Simon does go overboard... like comparing Amy to Jay Leno, John to that comedian, and Fantasia to a cartoon character. those comments are mean and do no good whatsoever

yeah.....but still.....it doesn't help their confidence at all....granted, they are most likely right....it'll come down to La Toya and Fantasia (maybe even La Toya and Diana).....

Gina

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #273 on: May 05, 2004, 11:46:00 am »
I really hope it doesn't come down to La Toya and Diana... blah
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Gina

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #274 on: May 05, 2004, 05:04:57 pm »
poor George, I honestly thought Jasmine was gonna go, but George woulda gone soon anyway, he wouldn't have been final 2
Gina

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2004, 05:36:14 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"
poor George, I honestly thought Jasmine was gonna go, but George woulda gone soon anyway, he wouldn't have been final 2

Ditto.

i felt so bad! I heart george huff! i would have liked to have seen him go at least one more week

Gina

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2004, 05:45:26 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"

Ditto.

i felt so bad! I heart george huff! i would have liked to have seen him go at least one more week

I liked him too, one more week woulda been nice... Jasmine will go next week (even though I do like her... she deserves to go)
Gina

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2004, 06:08:35 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"

Ditto.

I liked him too, one more week woulda been nice... Jasmine will go next week (even though I do like her... she deserves to go)

I agree (again lol). I think it will be Jasmine voted off next, then Diana, and then LaToya, and Fantasia will get it. I like all of them though, and i agree with what Paula said, that none of them will have any trouble getting a recording contract

Gina

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #278 on: May 05, 2004, 06:10:50 pm »
yay, that makes me happy to hear you say that you think Fantasia will win  :D  Me and Joey want her to!
Gina

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #279 on: May 05, 2004, 06:17:26 pm »
yay, that makes me happy to hear you say that you think Fantasia will win  :D  Me and Joey want her to!

after her performance yesterday i decided that's who i wanted to win - it was amazing! it really showed her range -from r&b to big band.....so hopefully she'll get it!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #280 on: May 05, 2004, 09:10:32 pm »
I <3 George Huff! He's so adorable and smiley and very talented! I'll miss him.... but I think it was time for him to go.

now it's all about girl power! haha

Fantasia is my favorite too! I have never seen anyone put as much emotion into her performances as she does!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #281 on: May 06, 2004, 03:47:20 am »
Sad to see George go....but someone had to.....I think most people knew that a female was going to win this year.....

I still think it's going to be La Toya.....she only gets better as the competition moves on....

1vcfan

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amb0431
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cocoa_covered_nut
    • View Profile
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #282 on: May 11, 2004, 02:18:39 pm »
This season is the worst ever.

We are at the point of that there are 4 ladies left and the 4 arent the best there can possibly be. George lasted this long, and defiently shouldnt have. Im just saying that the compitition should be good enough that there arent any bad people left. ((you all knwo waht I mean?))

I hope Diana doesnt make it past this week....same with Jasmine. They just arent good enough.

Gina

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #283 on: May 11, 2004, 02:26:03 pm »
Quote from: "1vcfan"

I hope Diana doesnt make it past this week....same with Jasmine. They just arent good enough.

I agree that they aren't good enough
Gina

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #284 on: May 11, 2004, 02:58:07 pm »
omg I heard the funniest thing last night on Leno...

Wanda Sykes was on and so were Simon, Randy and Paula. Anyhow...

Jay was asking if she watched the show and she said that she was a fan. She said that she didn't understand how at the end of the show the person who gets kicked off is asked to sing. She was all, so now do a song for us so we can all remember why America voted you off, how much you suck and are going home. Something like that. It was so hilarious.