maybe
4 (10.5%)
Skeptical
1 (2.6%)
other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: January 02, 2004, 09:00:57 pm

Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 53939 times)

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2004, 02:44:54 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"
Ah, I get you. The way I see it is that the tree wasn't evil in itself, only the action of eating from it against God's will. The evil was within Adam as a free agent and would be present with or without the tree. So why not place it? To not place it would just be God kidding himself that Adam would obey His command. Also the tree wasn't all that dangerous when viewed within Christianity's big picture. From the beginning God always intended to atone for that first sin and every sin since through Christ's crucifixion and ressurection. This atonement applies to all who want it, both those before and those after Christ's sacrafice. The atonement doesn't depend upon ourselves other than to take it or refuse it, so we can't spoil it again with our actions as Adam and Eve did. Instead it depends upon the grace and faithfulness of God. The danger of the tree (and all sin, for which the tree was a picture) is gone when viewed in the light of the Gospel later on. Like Will said in another thread, most people attempt to interpret Christianity with the (non-Christian) view that this life is all there is, and all that God has for us. When taken out of context like that things get messed up.

And it was his bitch that tempted him, so woman can't complain about childbirth pain since they were the first to be tempted by the devil.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2004, 03:46:53 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"
Ah, I get you. The way I see it is that the tree wasn't evil in itself, only the action of eating from it against God's will. The evil was within Adam as a free agent and would be present with or without the tree. So why not place it? To not place it would just be God kidding himself that Adam would obey His command. Also the tree wasn't all that dangerous when viewed within Christianity's big picture. From the beginning God always intended to atone for that first sin and every sin since through Christ's crucifixion and ressurection. This atonement applies to all who want it, both those before and those after Christ's sacrafice. The atonement doesn't depend upon ourselves other than to take it or refuse it, so we can't spoil it again with our actions as Adam and Eve did. Instead it depends upon the grace and faithfulness of God. The danger of the tree (and all sin, for which the tree was a picture) is gone when viewed in the light of the Gospel later on. Like Will said in another thread, most people attempt to interpret Christianity with the (non-Christian) view that this life is all there is, and all that God has for us. When taken out of context like that things get messed up.

And it was his bitch that tempted him, so woman can't complain about childbirth pain since they were the first to be tempted by the devil.

Wow that was a blatantly harsh statement....Women can complain about anything they want as i see it, Its not like i have to listen. :razz:
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2004, 03:49:25 pm »

Which porves that men are stupid cus they fallowe what we say.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2004, 04:02:36 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
So it was all just a setup for AD?  Everything that happened in BC was just backplot?

Yes, at least in some sense, it was just backplot in the grand scheme of things. Not that I think those times did not serve a purpose (but I won't bother going into this).

Make his wife have a smokin body, his food tasty, and the sex satisfying and Adam wouldn't ever feel a need to sin!  But oh no, God had to give Adam a MEANS to act out.  and OF COURSE the woman has to stir up trouble.

I refer to my previous post in that, even if God did trip Adam up intentionally, it was actually no trip up at all considering what was to come. It's my prefered position on the argument from evil that God allows evil to occur so that he can bring surpassing good from it, ultimately (which I think applies in this case). Why He chose to do it like that, I don't know.

Another thing I have thought about a couple of times before is that God created us to have free will as He has free will. To have this in it's entirety we must also have the freedom to choose to reject God and His authority. Without the tree and the first command this would not have been possible, effectively denying their free will.

If you take the PoV that God always intended for mankind to have to spend it's live attoneing(sp?) (which is what most christians believe) then what in Gods name are we atoneing for?!?  We didn't do anything wrong! God did! It was his or her plan for Adam in the first place!

No I don't take that PoV. It may be what a lot of people think, but it's not what the bible teaches and so, given that the bible is the foundation for the Christian religion, it's not a valid representation of Christianity. I agree with you in that this PoV does cause problems. On the other hand, the position of Biblical Christianity is that all the atoning was accomplished by the work of Christ. Those who recieve this free attonement continue to obey out of love for God and others, not because their obedience is required for their atonement.

-Kev

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2004, 04:14:25 pm »

Ouch, that is harsh :? I must admit (as much as think men are the superior sex ;-)) that I think Bianca has a point. Only a fool would follow the advice of another fool.

-Kev

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2004, 04:18:35 pm »

Ouch, that is harsh :? I must admit (as much as think men are the superior sex ;-)) that I think Bianca has a point. Only a fool would follow the advice of another fool.

-Kev

But not all women are stupid.I think she was like ver undereducated and a rebel.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2004, 04:26:00 pm »
Quote from: "VCfreak"
But not all women are stupid.I think she was like ver undereducated and a rebel.

In that case, I plead the same case for men :D Just blame it all on Adam.

-Kev

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2004, 04:27:20 pm »

In that case, I plead the same case for men :D Just blame it all on Adam.

-Kev

Ok Adam is the stupid one.But some are

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2004, 02:37:36 am »

Its just one stupid comment after another isn't it?
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2004, 03:54:48 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

lmfao
 :roflmao:

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2004, 04:48:01 am »

-Kev

I never said anything about women being stupid I just said THEY CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PAIN OF CHILD BIRTH.  I get that excuse all the time like if im goin to the dentist and im scared of the needle *eek* my gran and my aunt and my other aunt and my grans friend all say together WE HAVE F***IN' CHILDREN SEE HOW PAIN FUL THAT IS and now I learned what to say back :wink:

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2004, 04:58:59 am »

-Kev

I never said anything about women being stupid I just said THEY CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PAIN OF CHILD BIRTH.  I get that excuse all the time like if im goin to the dentist and im scared of the needle *eek* my gran and my aunt and my other aunt and my grans friend all say together WE HAVE F***IN' CHILDREN SEE HOW PAIN FUL THAT IS and now I learned what to say back :wink:

Don't use that excuse dear- you will be ridiculed forever. If you had half an idea of how uncomfortable stomach cramps were (which btw, you DONT) you wouldn't be even 1/100th of a way to the pain of childbirth. So, in short-shut your cakehole.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2004, 05:00:37 am »

Oh yeah...
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2004, 05:01:23 am »

-Kev

Don't use that excuse dear- you will be ridiculed forever. If you had half an idea of how uncomfortable stomach cramps were (which btw, you DONT) you wouldn't be even 1/100th of a way to the pain of childbirth. So, in short-shut your cakehole.

I was just gonna say that! They're hell!! :evil:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2004, 06:16:39 am »
Quote from: "Tia"

I was just gonna say that! They're hell!! :evil:

I believe that men have an equal to childbirth (in terms of pain). As every man knows (by learning the hard way), there comes a time in every boys life when he will be riding a bicycle at high speeds and be forced to slam on his brakes for whatever reason. Without going into too much detail, it's enough to say that certain things get sandwitched between the boy himself and the crossbar with the full momentum of the crash. I may be wrong, but I find it very hard to imagine that the pain of childbirth is worse than this. And we don't get the option of drugs! :?

-Kev