maybe
4 (10.5%)
Skeptical
1 (2.6%)
other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: January 02, 2004, 09:00:57 pm

Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 53940 times)

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - Gfoster27@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RedDitty87
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2004, 01:45:31 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Quote from: "Scotty"
And it was his bitch that tempted him, so woman can't complain about childbirth pain since they were the first to be tempted by the devil.

Its just one stupid comment after another isn't it?

Lmao!!

Quote from: "Tia"
Quote from: "VCfreak"
Quote from: "kev222"
And it was his bitch that tempted him, so woman can't complain about childbirth pain since they were the first to be tempted by the devil.

Ouch, that is harsh :? I must admit (as much as think men are the superior sex ;-)) that I think Bianca has a point. Only a fool would follow the advice of another fool.

-Kev

But not all women are stupid.I think she was like ver undereducated and a rebel.

I never said anything about women being stupid I just said THEY CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PAIN OF CHILD BIRTH.  I get that excuse all the time like if im goin to the dentist and im scared of the needle *eek* my gran and my aunt and my other aunt and my grans friend all say together WE HAVE F***IN' CHILDREN SEE HOW PAIN FUL THAT IS and now I learned what to say back :wink:

Don't use that excuse dear- you will be ridiculed forever. If you had half an idea of how uncomfortable stomach cramps were (which btw, you DONT) you wouldn't be even 1/100th of a way to the pain of childbirth. So, in short-shut your cakehole.

I was just gonna say that! They're hell!! :evil:

Yup yup what Roise said!! and Tia yes they're hell!!! But it's kinda hard for guys to imagine these things....I mean they don't get things like that! *is jealous* lol.

xoxoxoxox

Thank so much for the sig Scotty!! <3 It's gorgeous!

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2004, 01:50:35 pm »
But aww poor Scotty I don't think he meant it to be a big debate!! *hugs* hehe.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2004, 02:25:40 pm »
But you get drugs plus the mother gets the favour of the custody over the kids if divorce arises

I really think you should shut up. If you had to endure 9 months of carrying a child, massive mood swings, not being able to drink or eat certain things, morning sickness, stretch marks, the intense pain of childbirth and a real possibility of post natal depression while your partner gets to go down the pub then i think you'd want custody too.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2004, 02:38:41 pm »
Maybe giving birth and the fact that guys think women are meant for only one or two things (or maybe even three: sex, cooking dinner and providing an heir) and all that stuff is kind of off topic.

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

babeykangaroo

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - joannnna_langton@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - babeykangaroo
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2004, 02:44:50 pm »
Quote from: "Si"
guys think women are meant for only one or two things (or maybe even three: sex, cooking dinner and providing an heir)

lmao. its true, Si speaks the truth!! :)

vanessafan18

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2004, 02:48:49 pm »
But you get drugs plus the mother gets the favour of the custody over the kids if divorce arises

I really think you should shut up. If you had to endure 9 months of carrying a child, massive mood swings, not being able to drink or eat certain things, morning sickness, stretch marks, the intense pain of childbirth and a real possibility of post natal depression while your partner gets to go down the pub then i think you'd want custody too.

Maybe giving birth and the fact that guys think women are meant for only one or two things (or maybe even three: sex, cooking dinner and providing an heir) and all that stuff is kind of off topic.

Exactly!  :D

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2004, 04:01:35 pm »
I wonder what women who have been maliciously tortured(perhaps POWs) have to say in comparison to childbirth.  Take men who have been through the same exact thing and have them constantly remind you day in and day out HOW fucking painful it was, almost in a joking way at times.  Telling you nothing could compare to the inscrutiating pain of torture.  Telling you any pain you are experiencing is mild(including cramps.) everytime it occurs.

For the rest of your natural lives.

tylor

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2004, 04:03:11 pm »
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
I dont see anything wrong with that since we do way more for children than a man ever will.

Quote from: "babeykangaroo"
lmao. its true, Si speaks the truth!!

Quote from: "vanessafan18"
Exactly!

Run for your life! It's a stampede of sexist generalisations! :-P

With custody, I do think that biasing towards women (or men!)  is unfair. If the child is old enough to decide sensibly, then it should be able to choose. If not, the child should go to whoever can provide the best care. Childbirth pain shouldn't be a factor. I don't have any children but I imagine that the pain of childbirth pales into insignificance compared to the pain of losing custody of your child for a man or a woman.

-Kev

P.S. Si, you missed off mowing the grass and concreting the driveway ;-) heh

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2004, 04:38:11 pm »
ach ai give up sry Rosie if i offended you in anyway :cry:

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

notagirl

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2004, 06:05:05 pm »
I don't believe in god. And I don't understand why god would even care if we believe in him or not. Why would he care if we worship him or not? He's god!
Brunettes Rule!   MMV
CAN'T STOP THE SIGNAL!
Cards4Life

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2004, 06:20:00 pm »
Quote from: "notagirl"
I don't believe in god. And I don't understand why god would even care if we believe in him or not. Why would he care if we worship him or not? He's god!

I don't believe in God either, but as far as christianity goes:

He loves you and wants to save you from his own wrath.

tylor

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2004, 02:23:28 pm »

Blah blah blah.  Men suffer their share as well.

If a dad stays home and takes care of the kids people think he's a dead beat.  If a woman does it shes a good mother.  Fair?  No.

If a woman can't open a jar of peanut butter it's cute... if a man can't he's a sissy?

If a woman goes to a bar she can go with 10 bucks and expect to have drink bought for her when she wants.  If a guy goes to a bar he has to take a min of 60 bucks if he wants to meet women.

If a man and a woman go out on a first date and the man doesn't pay for the entire date than there is a 90% chance he's not getting a 2nd date (obv there are exceptions... but MOST of the time).

Women don't have to deal with PROSTATE exams.  Women have a longer life expectancy by something like 8 years.  Women get the more expensive wedding ring.  Women get WEDDINGS (you think MEN want those?!?).  Men have HEART problems women don't.

I am NOT saying men have it worse than women by ANY means.  I am just saying that for everything you can list about child birth that sucks for women I can list things that suck for men.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2004, 03:56:37 pm »
Quote from: "notagirl"

would you feel hurt if someone didn't believe in you? would you feel hurt if someone didn't care to accept you as for who you are or even loved you? Noone believed in him... :roll:

Thats right..he is god and his son died for us...because he doesloves us...and theres more where thats coming from..
Just because you can't see him or atleast have a little faith doesnt mean he isnt up there without feelings...etc.  but to say he doesn't exist is  selfish...because there is only one reason why someone would say that or think that way and that is the same reason why he had to die for us..(he gave us great things, you would not be here if it wasnt for him etc etc..so why not accept his love in return or atleast show some respect even if you can't accept it) :D  :amylee:

I always believed in him.. but i became closer to god last year for some reason, and i have christian friends now who are really wonderful  and supportive..(though no christian is perfect)..ever since i started feeling better about myself and i'm very happy.....i still question myself about some things but now that i started taking intrest in it more and realize its best for me... i intend to keep it that way...because there isnt any other way i can should or want to go..i guess it depends on the people you're surrounded by..really..
 :mrgreen:
I'm not sure if i should say anymore ..i dont feel i need to debate here...(even if i am christian or not which i am to some extent and also very hard for me to hear someone say they don't belive in him is quite silly but understandable) Actually.. i think some people think he does exist..i just think they are afraid...why else would you keep talking about it..
Regardless, i  feel sorry for some of you...so you can sit there and say you dont care about it.or even continue to debate...it really isnt my problem but i hope someday that you just understand why you are here.. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2004, 05:03:45 pm »
Right On, jen!

:!:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2004, 08:29:19 am »
weeeeeee it's a parade of my ignore list!  Quick! Someone else on my ignore list post something!
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew