maybe
4 (10.5%)
Skeptical
1 (2.6%)
other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: January 02, 2004, 09:00:57 pm

Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 53946 times)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2004, 06:19:48 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Quote from: "Tia"
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Quote from: "Scotty"
I never said anything about women being stupid I just said THEY CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PAIN OF CHILD BIRTH.  I get that excuse all the time like if im goin to the dentist and im scared of the needle *eek* my gran and my aunt and my other aunt and my grans friend all say together WE HAVE F***IN' CHILDREN SEE HOW PAIN FUL THAT IS and now I learned what to say back :wink:

Don't use that excuse dear- you will be ridiculed forever. If you had half an idea of how uncomfortable stomach cramps were (which btw, you DONT) you wouldn't be even 1/100th of a way to the pain of childbirth. So, in short-shut your cakehole.

I was just gonna say that! They're hell!! :evil:

I believe that men have an equal to childbirth (in terms of pain). There comes a time in every boys life when he will be riding a bicycle at high speeds and be forced to slam on his brakes for whatever reason. Without going into too much detail, it's enough to say that certain things get sandwitched between the boy himself and the crossbar with the full momentum of the crash. I may be wrong, but I find it very hard to imagine that the pain of childbirth is worse than this. And we don't get the option of drugs!

-Kev

I was EXTREMELY into freestyle biking my entire childhood.  I figure getting hit 4 times by cars and peeling enough skin off of my body to make a wallet with were also undesireable experiences.....However at least i didnt have to force the bike through a rabbit hole ;)
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2004, 06:25:50 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
Quote from: "Tia"
I never said anything about women being stupid I just said THEY CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PAIN OF CHILD BIRTH.  I get that excuse all the time like if im goin to the dentist and im scared of the needle *eek* my gran and my aunt and my other aunt and my grans friend all say together WE HAVE F***IN' CHILDREN SEE HOW PAIN FUL THAT IS and now I learned what to say back :wink:

Don't use that excuse dear- you will be ridiculed forever. If you had half an idea of how uncomfortable stomach cramps were (which btw, you DONT) you wouldn't be even 1/100th of a way to the pain of childbirth. So, in short-shut your cakehole.

I was just gonna say that! They're hell!! :evil:

I believe that men have an equal to childbirth (in terms of pain). There comes a time in every boys life when he will be riding a bicycle at high speeds and be forced to slam on his brakes for whatever reason. Without going into too much detail, it's enough to say that certain things get sandwitched between the boy himself and the crossbar with the full momentum of the crash. I may be wrong, but I find it very hard to imagine that the pain of childbirth is worse than this. And we don't get the option of drugs!

-Kev

I was EXTREMELY into freestyle biking my entire childhood.  I figure getting hit 4 times by cars and peeling enough skin off of my body to make a wallet with were also undesireable experiences.....However at least i didnt have to force the bike through a rabbit hole ;)

But if you rode your bike safely, or chose not to ride a bike, then it wouldn't happen would it? If you want to have children you have to go through it!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2004, 06:40:17 am »
But if you rode your bike safely, or chose not to ride a bike, then it wouldn't happen would it? If you want to have children you have to go through it!

True, true. The continued existance of the human race doesn't require our pain as it does yours. But it's not always aviodable for us either. If it wasn't a crossbar it would be a cricket ball, a fence post, paintball, somebody elses foot, etc.

-Kev

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2004, 08:20:10 am »
Quote from: "VCfreak"
And it was his bitch that tempted him, so woman can't complain about childbirth pain since they were the first to be tempted by the devil.

Ouch, that is harsh :? I must admit (as much as think men are the superior sex ;-)) that I think Bianca has a point. Only a fool would follow the advice of another fool.

-Kev

But not all women are stupid.I think she was like ver undereducated and a rebel.

exactly. squeeze a watermelon out of your penis, and then we'll talk.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2004, 08:20:20 am »
*meep* double post  :oops:

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2004, 08:35:48 am »
I refer to my previous post in that, even if God did trip Adam up intentionally, it was actually no trip up at all considering what was to come. It's my prefered position on the argument from evil that God allows evil to occur so that he can bring surpassing good from it, ultimately (which I think applies in this case). Why He chose to do it like that, I don't know.

Another thing I have thought about a couple of times before is that God created us to have free will as He has free will. To have this in it's entirety we must also have the freedom to choose to reject God and His authority. Without the tree and the first command this would not have been possible, effectively denying their free will.

I like this notion.  God HAD to put evil there because without it then Adam wouldn't ACTUALLY have had free will.  If there is no evil you cannot chose GOOD.  If you have apples and apples on your plate and you chose to eat apples, have you really made a choice?
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2004, 08:37:50 am »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"

LMFAO!!!!!

that is so true and very funny!

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2004, 08:40:02 am »

Invalid comparison.  Women do not give birth out of their eurethras.

PLUS, the female birth canal is DESIGNED to expand.  The male eurethra is NOT.

Women LOVE to say this, but a babys head is not as big as a watermellon and the comparison between a PENIS and a BIRTH CANAL are completely silly.  That's like saying snakes have it worse off because they have to eat an entire rabit in one swallow.  And "YOU Try eating something that's five times bigger than your head in one bite."  A Snake's jaws are designed differently for a reason.

You have no had children.  I HAVE racked myself before and I assume Kev has aswell.  We are speaking from first hand experience, you are speaking from supposition.

Have a child, then come back and we can debate this.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2004, 08:43:06 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

Women LOVE to say this, but a babys head is not as big as a watermellon and the comparison between a PENIS and a BIRTH CANAL are completely silly.  That's like saying snakes have it worse off because they have to eat an entire rabit in one swallow.  And "YOU Try eating something that's five times bigger than your head in one bite."  A Snake's jaws are designed differently for a reason.

You have no had children.  I HAVE racked myself before and I assume Kev has aswell.  We are speaking from first hand experience, you are speaking from supposition.

erm, i wasn't trying to debate something. i know i have no argument. i was trying to make a humorous statement.  :roll:

Manda

• View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2004, 08:44:42 am »

try this again:

thats what it definately feels like. your not a woman so you dont know, child birth hurts like hell, so don't criticize it.
you can ask any mother if child birth hurts, they will probably give you the same answer.

HELL YES!

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2004, 08:51:22 am »
I refer to my previous post in that, even if God did trip Adam up intentionally, it was actually no trip up at all considering what was to come. It's my prefered position on the argument from evil that God allows evil to occur so that he can bring surpassing good from it, ultimately (which I think applies in this case). Why He chose to do it like that, I don't know.

Another thing I have thought about a couple of times before is that God created us to have free will as He has free will. To have this in it's entirety we must also have the freedom to choose to reject God and His authority. Without the tree and the first command this would not have been possible, effectively denying their free will.

I like this notion.  God HAD to put evil there because without it then Adam wouldn't ACTUALLY have had free will.  If there is no evil you cannot chose GOOD.  If you have apples and apples on your plate and you chose to eat apples, have you really made a choice?

We did this in philosophy just before Christmas- this is a prominent theory- 'the freewill defence'. However, it is a logical possibility to have a world where one could only make good choices- and still have freewill (or so it said in the book! lol). Iraneus (i think...) said that in the Bible it states we are created in God's image and his likeness (okay, i get a little sketchy here- revision needed!) and that since we are already in god's image it is through actively choosing god, over evil, that we become his likeness.

I asked my mummy about this childbirth thing and she said "It CANNOT COMPARE in any way- i am insulted! And how long does hurting your nuts go on for? 48 hours? i THINK NOT!" And kev, you have met my mum- she is force to be reckoned with (granted she can't work digital cameras but shut up!!)  so na na na na naaaaaa.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Manda

• View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2004, 08:53:07 am »
I asked my mummy about this childbirth thing and she said "It CANNOT COMPARE in any way- i am insulted! And how long does hurting your nuts go on for? 48 hours? i THINK NOT!" And kev, you have met my mum- she is force to be reckoned with (granted she can't work digital cameras but shut up!!)  so na na na na naaaaaa.

your 'mummy' is a very smart lady, just like yourself.
 :wink:
Manda

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2004, 11:54:35 am »
We did this in philosophy just before Christmas- this is a prominent theory- 'the freewill defence'. However, it is a logical possibility to have a world where one could only make good choices- and still have freewill (or so it said in the book! lol). Iraneus (i think...) said that in the Bible it states we are created in God's image and his likeness (okay, i get a little sketchy here- revision needed!) and that since we are already in god's image it is through actively choosing god, over evil, that we become his likeness.

Freewill defence eh? It's good to know that my thoughts are at least comparable to some previously established ideas, at least I know my brain is still working. Talking to you two makes me wish I'd taken philosophy at A-level instead of naff physics.

I asked my mummy about this childbirth thing and she said "It CANNOT COMPARE in any way- i am insulted! And how long does hurting your nuts go on for? 48 hours? i THINK NOT!"

Nah, the intense crippling abdominal/testicle pain would abate fairly quickly (10 minutes or so). Although those 10 minutes are guarenteed to be the worst (and most mentally scaring) 10 minutes of your life. The rest of that day would be fairly painful, but 48 hours is probably stretching it for anything more than a dull ache (at least in my experience).

And kev, you have met my mum- she is force to be reckoned with (granted she can't work digital cameras but shut up!!)  so na na na na naaaaaa.

lol, I'm not saying anything at all. In fact, I don't think there is actually any mother on earth that hasn't asked "So how do I wind it on?" immediately after being handed a digital camera.

-Kev

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2004, 12:12:11 pm »
I asked my mummy about this childbirth thing and she said "It CANNOT COMPARE in any way- i am insulted! And how long does hurting your nuts go on for? 48 hours? i THINK NOT!"

Nah, the intense crippling abdominal/testicle pain would abate fairly quickly (10 minutes or so). Although those 10 minutes are guarenteed to be the worst (and most mentally scaring) 10 minutes of your life. The rest of that day would be fairly painful, but 48 hours is probably stretching it for anything more than a dull ache (at least in my experience).

But you get drugs plus the mother gets the favour of the custody over the kids if divorce arises

And kev, you have met my mum- she is force to be reckoned with (granted she can't work digital cameras but shut up!!)  so na na na na naaaaaa.

lol, I'm not saying anything at all. In fact, I don't think there is actually any mother on earth that hasn't asked "So how do I wind it on?" immediately after being handed a digital camera.

That's just plain funny :lol:

-Kev

:D

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Manda

• View Profile
Do you believe in god?
« Reply #179 on: January 10, 2004, 12:19:15 pm »
But you get drugs plus the mother gets the favour of the custody over the kids if divorce arises

I dont see anything wrong with that since we do way more for children than a man ever will.

the mother should get the children if divorce arises.

:P

Manda